To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of an RN, assists in all services necessary for the proper operation of Outpatient Urology.
- 1. Performs shaving, clipping and prepping as required under the direction of a registered nurse.
- 2. Demonstrates the application of the principles of asepsis and disinfection in a knowledgeable manner in the care of the supplies, instruments and the environment. Adheres to point of use cleaning according to policies and procedures and orients new staff to the disinfection process.
- 3. Identifies the principles of sterile technique and applies these techniques. Under the supervision of an RN or MD, applies these techniques, sets up the necessary equipment for and assists in procedures.
- 4. Handles all equipment safely and ensures all equipment is in working order to be used for procedures. Notifies Nurse Manager or Nurse of equipment defects or damage.
- 5. Assist in room turnover and set up for procedures, including the preparation of items/instruments for sterilization; receives, sorts, decontaminates, applying the correct techniques of disinfection and high level disinfection.
- 6. Stores and rotates instrument trays which can be sterile and/or unsterile items. Opens sterile supplies using sterile technique.
- 7. Prepares procedural fields with all the sterile supplies needed, preps the patient for the sterile/non sterile urologic procedures, including prepping with Betadine per protocol.
- 8. Ensures safety of patient by exercising aseptic techniques and preventing hazards related to the environment and the use of equipment. Continually monitors and reports any breaks in aseptic technique.
- 9. Ascertains that all specimens are properly identified and reviewed. Adheres to standard precaution guidelines when handling/transporting multiple specimens and/or cultures.
- 10. Participates in Universal Protocol (correct patient, site, timeout, etc.).
- 11. Exhibits a high level of time management skills and flexibility in performing daily activities.
- 12. Performs all other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the unit.
High School Graduate or Equivalent
Outpatient Urology experience preferred. EPIC Ambulatory experience preferred. Two years direct patient contact preferred.
Certified Nurses Assistant, Medical Assistant or other equivalent (medical assistant, student nurse who has completed one semester of clinical experience). BLS
Assists in urologic procedures. Maintains sterility. Uses Trophon for HLD. Communicates with patients, staff and MDs in a confident and clear manner.
Walking, standing, sitting, bending, squatting, reaching, and lifting up to 50lbs.