To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assists with the transport coordination of hospital patients from holding area by performing routine patient monitoring, associated tracking and communications. Participates in related non-professional services as needed. Provides constant observation of patients.
- 1. A. Provides appropriate constant observation of patients within the department holding area. 1. Remains in visual contact with patients at all times. 2. Provides comfort measures to patients as appropriate: a) Blankets b) Messages from family members c) Privacy 3. Accompanies patient at all times for use of bathroom facilities. 4. Waits until relieved by another qualified person before leaving the patient holding area. 5. Maintains environment free from harm and obstacles. 6. Maintains safe environment. Creates/maintains environment which is quiet and calm.
- 2. B. Provides accurate and timely communication to expedite patient travel to and from the patient holding area. 1. Upon patient arrival, utilizes HIS to arrive patient to the holding area, ready for the given modality. 2. Communicate to modality staff that patient has arrived, as needed to help prevent delay. Provides explanation (timeframe) to patient for any unexpected delay. 3. Upon exam completion and patient return to patient holding area, calls transport to notify of inpatient transport need.
- 3. C.Reports any changes observed in patient's condition, behavior and/or verbalization immediately to qualified staff.. 1. In an emergency, uses call system to call for assistance. 2. Reports any self-harm causing activity or violations of hospital policy by patient or visitors.
- 4. D. Assists patients with care activities according to patient needs based on policies and procedures including 1. Assists patients with use of bedpan or urinal and documents output as applicable. 2. Gives, removes, cleans and replaces bedpans/urinals: empties urinary drainage bags. 3. Follows guidelines established in restraint protocol and procedure when ordered by a physician.
- 5. E. Safety/Legal: Follows guidelines established in restraint protocol and procedure when ordered by a physician. 1. Ensures patient safety, in all circumstances. a. Always correctly identifies patient by name and identification bracelet for any direct care procedures, treatment or diet. b. Ensures beds are locked in low position. c. Ensures side rails are in position e. Is knowledgeable and adheres to patient restraint policy f. Helps to ensure that patient holding area remains free of clutter and pathways are clear and safe. 2. Respects patients' right to privacy and confidentiality. 3. Adheres to Infection Control Policy and Standard Precautions: a. Good hand washing b. Follows isolation procedures c. Helps to keep patient area clean 4 .Adheres to all Personnel and Radiology Services Policies: a. Recognizes scope of responsibilities and functions within limitation of job description. b. Always functions within legal limitation, recognizing and adhering to legal responsibilities. a. Follows hospital procedures for reporting on and off duty. b. Uses I.D. badge to record time worked. c. I.D. badge is on uniform at all times and is visible.
- 6. Role Development/Responsibility/Interpersonal Relationships. 1. Attends and participates in staff meetings as directed. 2.Attends in-service programs, as directed. 3.Maintains current CPR certification, if applicable. 4.Assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted minutes and memos. 5.Adheres to dress code set for Radiology Service employees. 6. Is available and accessible, when on duty. Utilizes unassigned duty time in an appropriate and productive manner. 7. Assists in orientation of new personnel. 8. Cooperates in adjusting duty hours to meet fluctuations in departmental needs. 9.Observes hospital policy concerning smoking regulations, telephone usage, and other rules. 10. Communicates appropriately to patient families and other HSR employees. 11. Uses effective interpersonal skills in all interactions and responds appropriately to supervisory direction. 12. Deals constructively with conflict and stressful situations.
High School diploma or GED required. **Employees employed by YNHH effective 9/12/2012 as a result of the acquisition of the Hospital of St Raphael may meet educational requirements with the applicable combination of education and experience and demonstration of current competences.
Either (A) one to two years revelent direct patient care experience; such as current enrollment in a radiology program-OR (B) A graduate of a certified training program that includes, but is not limited to Certified Nurse Aide , Phlebotomy or EKG or EEG, Emergency Medical Technician, Operating Room Technician or an Associate Degree in a health care field.
License: N/A CPR certification.preferred..BLS
Current basic Life Support (BLS)/ CPR preferred or the ability to successfully complete traing within 6 months of hire, preferred. Demonstrates ability tocommunicate effectively both verbally and in writing with patients , families , peers and supervisor. Ability to understand and follow specific written and verbal instructions and procedures . Basic math skills. Beginner level computer skills to operate PC in a windows environment with the ability to learn and demonstrate competency in basic data entry/ data retreival in electronic patient records and/ or patient supply systems utilzed within unit. Ability to learn and demonstrate competency in the basic patient screening and patietn care procedures within the specific area, according to established protocols. Ability to prioritze and adjust work plans based on the needs of the patient, the section and the Radiology team. Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served. ACCOUNTABILITY (how this position is held accountable for such as goals achievement, budget adherence, or other areas of accountability): Caring / Service Orientated; Problem solver, Team player; cummunicator, Personally Effective & Accountable; and Open Minded Flexible. COMPLEXITY (describe planning, problem solving, decision making, creative activity, or other special factors inherent in the responsibilities of this position): Coordinates and responds to the needs of the patient as well as those of the Diagnostic Imaging team. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: N
ability to lift 50lbs
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum - $15.00/hr.
Maximum - $23.62/hr.