To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The primary responsibility of the COVID Collection Site Clerk is to provide client registration and education to clients who come to a COVID specimen collection site. The associate will input clients into the YNHHS Electronic Health Record (EHR) system, print labels for specimen collection kits, and properly label collection kits. The associate will be responsible for ensuring proper client identification. In addition, the associate may provide information on how the clients can obtain test results using the MyChart application. This will include assisting the client with registration in MyChart if needed.
- 1. Register clients at collection sites for COVID specimen collection into the Epic Electronic Health Record.
- 2. Provide education to clients on the specimen collection site operations (e.g. directing them to the proper stations).
- 3. Verify client identification.
- 4. Print specimen labels and properly affix labels to the specimen collection container.
- 5. Properly don and doff personal protection equipment (PPE) according to CDC guidelines and YNHHS policies.
- 6. Provide education to client on how to receive test results including assisting them with registration of the MyChart application.
- 7. Ensures client and staff safety at all times, enforcing social distancing guidelines.
- 8. May provide assistance with collection site disinfection as needed.
- 9. Maintain accurate record of clients who get specimens collected at the site.
- 10. Complete a paper test requisition for clients when needed and appropriate labeling.
- 11. Follows proper infection prevention procedures at all times.
High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
1+ year experience working in a healthcare environment preferred. Administrative experience required. Experience using electronic health record systems preferred.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, able to work in a team environment and to be flexible yet highly motivated and able to motivate others to meet deadlines; exhibit tact / understanding; and to work with diverse groups. Detail and quality orientated with the ability to modify program performance in a fast-paced environment.
The COVID Collection Site Administrative Associate will be required to operate in an environment with potentially infectious patients. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.