To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The CORE Project Associate - Contracts Compliance assists the general and business operations team with proposal development, contracting, regulatory compliance and program operational needs for federal and non-federal grants and contracts in the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE). They will provide a full range of program support from scheduling and coordinating meetings to tracking project progress using software tools and databases, to drafting administrative sections of proposals and business documents, to developing, updating, and implementing new processes. Provides accurate and highly detailed support for conflict of interest program and procedures, business contracting, data use agreements, project email box, proposal development, minutes taking, and high level general operations support. Uses a variety of software tools to track project progress, query project databases, and prepare presentation figures, tables and charts and project status reports. Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and ability to communicate and process sensitive information with investigators, contractors, vendors, consultants and CORE leadership.
- 1. Coordinates project proposal development including setting up meetings, preparing accurate and timely meeting minutes, tracking and following up on action items, preparing and updating timeliness and tracking progress using software tools, ensuring applications meets sponsor guidelines and creating/maintaining organized, comprehensive project documentation electronically.
- 2. Supports proposal development for COREs Contracts and Compliance Division by assisting with tracking components of the proposal, ensuring completeness, and following up/communicating with investigators and other partners (subcontractors, consultants and vendors) about sensitive information concerning salaries, conflict of interest information, and contracting agreements.
- 3. Prepares professionally formatted and edited proposals using advanced features of MS Word and Excel with embedded Tables of Contents, organizational charts, figures, charts, and reference formatting software (Endnote or other software). Prepares binders and study files for sponsor and project leadership and ensures complete, accurate, and organized electronic organization of documents.
- 4. Working closely with COREs Contracts and Compliance officer, coordinates and supports the Conflict of Interest (COI) program for COREs federal contracts by setting up meetings; drafting agendas; taking accurate minutes and identifying action items; accurately tracking all COI documents in the COI trackers; checking and triaging emails from the COI inbox, ensuring accurate electronic organization of documents; and creating, updating, and implementing new processes.
- 5. Assists the contracts team with setting up, amending, and closing subcontracts, consultant, nondisclosure, vendor agreements, data use agreements, entering/updating information in the contracting database and running queries and reports for project management.
- 6. Assists the contracts and analyst team with tracking Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols/Data Use Agreements (DUAs), updating/editing information in the IRB/DUA database and running queries and reports for project management to flag expirations and renewals. Supports IRB/DUA new and renewal submissions as needed.
- 7. Establishes and implements process to monitor and inform team about potential federal contract and grant opportunities.
- 8. Assists with development of project procedures, policies and processes.
- 9. Adheres to the highest standards of professional conduct, maintains confidentiality of sensitive information, and communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- 10. Assists with other tasks as needed by CORE operations and business teams.
- 11. Provides overall project support that includes participating in team meetings, preparing agendas, taking accurate minutes, identifying tracking needs, and following up on action items.
- 12. Provides overall project support including preparation of presentations, and general tracking of contracts, timelines and deliverables.
- 13. Prepares communication materials (brochures, fliers) for CORE leadership and project managers.
- 14. Coordinates webinar-based meetings and conference room configuration for large meetings.
- 15. Covers front desk reception duties for limited periods of time but no more than 1 to 2 times per month for a couple of hours at a time.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare, public health, human services or related field is preferred but not required.
A minimum of three years of experience indicating ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders regarding complex tasks, to work with minimal supervision, to work with a variety of computer software programs, and to be receptive to a variety of duties to support business, proposal and compliance needs. Preferably this experience will have been in a federal contract or grant project setting.
Must have strong attention to detail with strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills. Excellent skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher and Visio. Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate sensitive information while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality. Proficient in extracting and compiling a range of data from written sources, internet, and CORE databases to support contracting, compliance and general operational needs. Use of one or several standard reference works (such as Endnote). Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
Position is co-terminus with funding.