To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for providing appropriate and continuing gastroenterology care to all patients in Northeast Medical Group, as well as leadership, coordination, and administration duties. The Physician joins an interdisciplinary care team of caregivers and administrative support staff to perform assigned duties while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Northeast Medical Group supporting our mission, vision and values to optimize the health and well-being of our patients.
- 1. Examines patients, obtains medical histories and treats acute and chronic illnesses
- 2. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic tests
- 3. Involves patients and their families in care and treatment decisions
- 4. Creates treatment plans and completes orders in patient's charts
- 5. Collaborates on improvements in care delivery and service with staff, other physicians and management
- 6. Initiates appropriate specialty referrals if needed
- 7. Provides clinical information to the interdisciplinary team in a clear and timely manner
- 8. Ensures that proper patient documentation is timely, accurate and complete
- 9. Works with practice management to ensure proper compliance with billing, coding and CPT code assignment
- 10. Achieves and maintains optimal patient access
- 11. Provides interdepartmental medical consultation and/or collaboration as requested
- 12. Participates in the development of medical protocols, standard procedures and management of
- 13. Provides on-call coverage
- 14. Gives feedback to and accepts feedback from all staff in respectful manner
- 15. Acts in a positive and professional manner, complying with practice policies, procedures and federal and
- 16. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 16.1 Promotes health education in conjunction with other health professionals
Degree of MD or DO with Gastroenterology Board Certification Physician agrees to maintain specialty certification, and subspecialty certification in Gastroenterology, fulfilling all necessary qualifications.
Preferred: Professional clinical experience in primary care practice, either family medicine or internal medicine
Valid American Board certification in Gastroenterology and renewed (if needed) prior to Expiration
Valid and unrestricted Connecticut and Rhode Island medical license
Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures and techniques. Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment. Ability to effectively manage and direct medical staff support activities while providing quality patient care. Ability to receive detailed information and express and exchange ideas orally. Ability to perform under stress. Possesses excellent written and oral communication, listening and social skills. Ability to interact effectively with
people of varied educational, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds, skill levels and value systems. Professionally performs in a tactful manner. Taps experience and uses independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Must possess the physical and mental abilities to perform the tasks normally associated with ambulatory practice.