To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works under the direction of the CORE Manager, Statistical Analysis to provide comprehensive statistical support for multiple outcomes research projects, including managing and integrating large clinical and administrative datasets, developing analytic plans for research projects, conducting analyses, presenting results, and preparing the results for publication. The Lead Statistician is also responsible for overseeing the design and management of CORE's information security program, including policies, procedures, technical systems, and workforce training in order to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and access to data within CORE. Mentors statisticians, analysts, students/post docs, and provides statistical training and consultation to CORE investigators and staff.
- 1. Works as part of an integrated team of researchers, biostatisticians, programmers and staff to identify testable hypotheses, devise suitable statistical analysis plans, and carry out statistical analyses, summarize and present findings to investigators.
- 2. Helps other research professionals with carrying out comprehensive statistical analyses and contributing to publications and presentations in scientific journals and meetings.
- 3. Assists investigators in preparation of research grant applications by writing research methods sections pertaining to acquisition, analysis, statistical methods, relevance and validity of data.
- 4. Develops and implements relevant statistical programs to incorporate data from multiple projects, work with others to assess validity and reliability of methods, research relevant literature and consults with outside experts and agencies and recommend the appropriate analytic plan for CORE projects.
- 5. Manages datasets in accordance with data use agreements and YNHH CORE data management and security procedures.
- 6. Provides statistical training and mentorship to CORE statisticians/analysts, students/post docs and CORE investigators. Develops training program and in-service education.
- 7. Attends professional trainings and lectures and disseminates new knowledge to CORE analytic staff and researchers.
- 8. Develops and approves the CORE-wide data management policy and procedures document to ensure compliance with Yale University and Yale New Haven Hospital information security regulations as well as funder's data use agreements.
- 9. Provides guidance and direction for the physical and logical protection of all CORE data.
- 10. Leads information security awareness and training initiatives to educate workforce about policies, procedures and information risks.
- 11. Oversees ongoing security audits to assess effectiveness of policies/procedures and systems security safeguards.
- 12. Establishes a reporting process to ensure that CORE leadership is kept appraised of the effectiveness of CORE's security and problem resolution
- 13. Works with project management in regards to contracts and agreements with vendors, outside consultants, business associates, and other third parties to ensure that data security is maintained at all times and through all internal and external agreements (i.e., data use agreements).
- 14. Leads security incident response through prevention, investigation, mitigation, and reporting activities.
Master's degree with experience in public health, biostatistics, or related field required, Ph.D. degree preferred.
Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in data management and statistical analysis including database design, statistical approach, and interpretation and reporting of health services and outcomes research studies. Experience in managing and analyzing large datasets using a variety of software packages such as SAS, R, WinBugs, and STATA. Publishing history as co-author and primary data analyst preferred. Experience with Medicare/Medicaid Claims data (CMS data) strongly desired.
Excellent interpersonal, analytical and computer skills.
Position is co-terminus with funding.