To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The CARE Center Nurse Advisor supports and coordinates complex patient referrals and assists with successful and effective transitions of care from the hospital or emergency department setting. The CARE Center Nurse Advisor is an integral member of the Yale Medicine CARE Center team ensuring timely and appropriate referrals to designated specialty clinics. The CARE Center Nurse Advisor coordinates services within the multidisciplinary clinical system resulting in exceptional patient care and provider experience. The CARE Center Nurse Advisor collaborates with Yale Medicine CARE Center and YNHH leadership to meet the needs of patient access and continuity of care. The CARE Center Nurse Advisor assists Yale Medicine and YNHH leadership teams with review of operational metric trends, development of performance improvement action plans, program development , expansion, and successful achievement of programmatic goals.
- 1. Supports and enhances the process of scheduling patient appointments and referrals and assumes clinical
nursing responsibilities associated with the Yale CARE Center.
- 1.1 Serves as a clinical leader, patient resource, and advocate for disease specific pod within the Yale Medicine CARE Center .
- 2. Serves as the clinical liaison between patients, families, referring providers, specialty teams, and community to ensure timely, efficient, and seamless access to appointments.
- 2.1 Collaborates with specialty providers and specialty teams to address any identified gaps in, or barriers to care; intervenes as appropriate.
- 3. Assists YNHH and YM Clinical and Administrative leadership with monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and engages in performance improvement activities related to transitions of care and patient access to care.
- 3.1 Monitors KPI metrics.
- 4. Functions as a resource for patients requiring coordination of multiple appointments.
- 4.1 Responsible for coordination of provider specialty visits, diagnostic testing, procedures, ancillary services, and sequencing of appointments to meet the needs of the patient/family.
- 5. Supports activities related to transitions of care.
- 5.1 Monitors daily reports to identify Yale Medicine patients discharged from the hospital or emergency department who may require follow up care in a YM specialty practice .
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master's degree in Nursing or Healthcare preferred.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience in acute or ambulatory care required. Experience in a combination of the following is essential: clinical care specific to the specialty pod, clinical process improvement, outcomes management, case management, and physician relations. Experience in collaborating with members of the care team to coordinate specialty complex needs is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills is essential. Knowledge and understanding of standards related to the Joint Commission certification process preferred.
Current State of Connecticut RN license.
Candidate must be able to thrive in a fast paced, complex academic medical environment where the CARE Center Nurse Advisor works as a valued member of the multidisciplinary team. Background in disease specific entity preferred. Must possess understanding of clinical processes, organizational dynamics, and process improvement . Must be self motivated, goal oriented, and able to work independently. Must have the ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively and effectively in partnership with patients, families, physicians, clinical staff, hospital departments, community, and outside organizations. Must have excellent assessment, communication, and organizational skills with the ability to manage and follow through on multiple priorities. Excellent critical thinking , analysis, and assessment skills for successful process improvement planning and monitoring. Proficient in computer and data management.