To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provide customer focused financial support to assigned operational areas or service lines. Responsible for monthly review of operating results (revenue, expense and volume), participation in the annual operating and capital budget processes and monitoring and maintenance of position control. Work to ensure the financial feasibility of business plans and new clinical programs. Provide monthly processing in cost accounting and budget systems. Provide technical support for cost accounting and flexible budgeting systems.
- 1. Develop an in-depth knowledge of operations and acts in capacity of financial liaison to assigned service lines or operational areas.
- 2. Assist with annual operating and capital budget processes by working with operational areas and service lines to summarize budget proposals and personnel requests for presentation and review by senior leadership.
- 3. Ensure annual budget processing requirements are completed accurately and timely and assist with consolidation and analyses of Hospital budget data.
- 4. In collaboration with service lines, prepare multi-year business plans for new clinical programs that include volume, payer, revenue, expense, capital and return on investment assumptions.
- 5. Provide ongoing support, monitoring and evaluation of business plans. Work with operations to develop action plans for under-performing services.
- 6. Participate in the annual review of products, rvus, volumes and fixed / variable splits for the cost accounting and flexible budgeting systems.
- 7. Prepare monthly budget variance analyses, journal entries and budget adjustments as required for the financial close.
- 8. Review business plans, budget variances, flexible budget and overall performance results with service lines and operational areas.
- 9. Assists with educating and training operational areas and new finance staff on budget and business planning processes.
- 10. Collaborate with senior financial planning and budget staff on improving and streamlining departmental processes and reporting.
- 11. Participate and support Hospital and Health System finance customer relations policy and programs.
- 12. Perform other related duties as required by Financial Planning and Health System leadership.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
Minimum of two years experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Hospital/Healthcare experience preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations. Proficient with Microsoft Office including MS Access. Knowledge of the hospital/health care industry desirable.
No special demands.