To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Prosthodontist in partnership with the Dental Services Program Directors, participates in operation of the Dental Services Program through oversight and training of residents in the delivery of comprehensive prosthodontic care in the outpatient clinics, hospital in-patient care, and operating room treatment; by providing direct patient care; and by coordinating and providing lectures, seminars, and clinical demonstrations to the residents.
Responsible for direct patient care in alignment with Yale New Haven Hospital 's Standard of Excellence. Ensures that Dental Services within the span of control demonstrates superior outcome, provides seamless delivery of patient care, and maintains competitive cost structures.
- 1. 1.Assists Program Directors in successful oversight of the Dental Services program and prosthodontic cases within the
2. Assists Program Directors in establishing resident schedules (didactics and lectures, clinical patient care,
operating rooms,) in collaboration with other teaching programs cooperating with Y-NHH dental Services.
3. Actively participates in bi-annual evaluations of all residents and visiting students with prosthodontic focus.
4.In coordination with the Program Directors, ensures an appropriate educational experience for assigned
residents by providing oversight of patient care and delivery of educational curriculum.
5. Provides direct resident supervision.
- 2. 6. Is actively involved in the Dental Grand Rounds as a presenter.
7. Participates in the operational success of the department through direct patient care, regulatory compliance
and other administrative responsibilities.
8. Ensures compliance with ADA, JCAHO, CMS, DPH, CODA and other external agency standards.
9. Ensures proper usage and maintenance of the practice equipment by residents and staff.
10. Participates in hospital administrative committees and projects as requested.
- 3. 11. Collaborate with residents and Program Directors to analyze patient data to determine patient needs or
12. Actively participate in the residents communication of detailed medical information to patients or family
13. Instruct Dental officers and dental assistants in prosthodontic procedures and techniques.
14. Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
15. Partnership with Dental Leadership to meet department goals and standards.
- 4. 16. Ensures that you are held accountable for adhering to patient experience standards.
17. Ensures that policies, processes and procedures are consistent across Dental locations.
18. Models patient experience standards and demonstrates value for all people in the work environment.
19. Ensures that confidentiality of patient, staff, and appropriate management data is maintained.
20. Records medical histories in the electronic health software solution.
21. Works to ensure lab costs are manageable; ensuring high patient care and good financial stewardship of the department.
D.M.D./D.D.S. or equivalent professional degree. Certificate in Prosthodontics required
Experience required for this role is the completion of a GPR and Prosthodontic Certificate.
Demonstrated administrative experience in didactic/clinical setting through completion of a residency or working in a private practice or academic setting.
CT Dental License, CT Controlled Substance License, DEA License
Superior verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships that bring a variety of disciplines together, demonstrated scholarship in teaching and curriculum development, proven track record in developing and enhancing strategic growth initiatives, clinical and educational innovation and work towards maximizing research output within the department.
No special conditions