To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The unit coordinator/secretary through communication, requisitioning and management of supplies and equipment, coordinates the activities of the nursing staff, the patient, the physician, other hospital departments and visitors. He/she performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
- 1. Essential Functions
- 1.1 Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit. .
- 2. Essential Functions ( continued)
- 2.1 Assumes the responsibility for the maintenance of patient records on assigned unit.
- 3. Staff/Self Development
- 3.1 Acts as a resource and role model
- 4. Staff/Self Development (continued)
- 4.1 Actively participates in training and educational activities for other staff members
- 5. Customer Service
- 5.1 Demonstrate a high level of respect, dignity compassion and professionalism for all customers by utilizing the four tenets of Patient Family and Centered Partnership.
- 6. Employee Collaboration and Teamwork
- 6.1 Recognizes and values the contributions of fellow employees and displays cooperation and teamwork.
- 7. Resource Utilization
- 7.1 Reports to work on time prepared to work and follow hospital policies for notice of lateness/absenteeism and time off requests.
- 8. List core competency
- 8.1 List duty/task determing competency
High school graduate or equivalent preferred
Experience in a professional setting with customer service responsibility preferred.????
Certification by NAHUC (Nat Assoc of Health Unit Coordinators) encouraged.