To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for coordinating the staff who perform various reception and scheduling functions. Ensures positive interactions with patients, family members, medical staff, third party representatives and hospital personnel . Promotes good customer service in the work environment. Effectively utilizes all computer systems to ensure that the responsibilities of the Communications Associates are met. Performs certain statistical and QA functions . Contributes to the hiring, reviews and schedules of employees. Develops new procedures and participates in the planning, training and implementation of system improvements to enhance the operating functions of the department. Assumes in-charge responsibility during the absence of management or as needed.
- 1. Coordinates work activities of staff to maintain daily workflow. Takes charge during the absence of management. Develops work-schedules and contributes to the hiring, training and reviews of employees . Uses good decision-making skills and balances priorities and tasks appropriately so that the goals of the department are met. Maintains statistical reports to track volume and quality of service. 1.1 Assumes 'in-charge' responsibilities during the absence of management or as needed, which may include coverage on evenings, nights and weekends. 1 .2 Prepares monthly schedules and adjusts staffing to accommodate for illnesses , absences and unexpected events. Assigns and monitors daily workload to appropriate personnel based on staffing level. 1 .3 Resolves difficult situations that may arise based on department guidelines . When necessary, seeks assistance from management staff. 1 .4 Ensures employees are in compliance with HIPAA regulations and follows YNHHS guidelines in addressing any violations. 1 .5 Assumes the responsibility for the training of employees. Ensures that all mandatory training requirements of employees are met. 1 .6 Participates in meetings with external departments as it relates to the reception and scheduling process. 1 .7 Provides ongoing reports to track customer service standards, quality assurance and employee productivity. 1 .8 Provides input on disciplinary action when departmental and hospital policies have been violated. 1 .9 Incorporates new policies and procedures as it relates to the Perioperative Services department. 1 .10 Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all the functions that relate to the operating room and a global understanding of the hospital as a whole. 1 .11 PROBLEM SOLVING
- 2. Integrates a variety of resources and avenues to assess the needs of the staff. Uses good problem solving methods and resourcefulness to resolve issues. Takes appropriate steps to address problems or, when indicated, refers issues to the appropriate person or department for resolution. 2 .1 Identifies obstacles hindering staff in the performance of their job responsibilities . 2 .2 Helps to determine the course of action to be taken when analyzing and resolving problems. 2 .3 Makes sound decisions and works closely with staff when developing and implementing operating procedures as they relate to the area. 2 .4 Identifies and implements processes that will enhance the reception and scheduling process. 2 .5 Provides documentation of problems, possible solutions and their outcomes. 2 .6 CUSTOMER SERVICE
- 3. Works with staff to create a patient/family, physician and employee experience that exemplifies caring , understanding, efficiency and overall quality of service. Demonstrates the ability to balance customer service with the productivity and clinical efficiency of the hospital . 3 .1 Identifies events where the service to a customer was less that optimal. Appropriately initiates and carries through the Service Recovery process. 3 .2 Suggests and implements changes to enhance customer service. Consistently demonstrates the ability to comprehend the needs of the customers and insures that the needs are met. 3 .3 Acts as a role model in providing exceptional customer service. Balances the needs of the customer with the productivity of the department. 3 .4 Contributes to a positive work environment by actively discouraging 'we versus they' thinking. 3 .5 Looks for ways to help others, supports their work and writes letters of commendation. 3 .6 COMPUTER SYSTEMS
- 4. Maintains knowledge of current computer systems, for example those used in registration, scheduling, bed assignment, accounts receivable, patient care, and patient tracking systems. ( EPIC, Family Touch, BMD, SCM) Utilizes Microsoft packages. Participates in internal and external committees as related to the enhancement or development of computer systems. 4.1 Is knowledgeable of all downtime policies and procedures as it effects the reception and scheduling functions. 4.2 Works with management staff to update procedures. 4.3 Identifies and resolves information discrepancies between various software applications. 4.4 Monitors, evaluates and responds to system abnormalities. Recognizes when to make workflow changes and when to escalate issues appropriately. 4.5 Proficiently utilizes Microsoft applications in performing daily responsibilities. 4.6 In case of a significant system downtime, assists in adjusting staffing and operational workflow. 4.7 RECEPTION AND TRIAGE FUNCTIONS
- 5. Using a variety of resources and avenues assesses the needs of our customers at various contact points and takes appropriate steps to either meet the needs or refer the customer to the appropriate person or department for resolution. 5 .1 Ensures that reception desk responsibilities are performed accurately. 5 .2 Effectively identifies and communicates customer needs with others . 5 .3 Coordinates the flow of patients or clinicians to ensure that all aspects of the reception process are complete and concluded within the established time frame. 5 .4 BOOKING AND SCHEDULING FUNCTIONS
- 6. In accordance with established medical and hospital policies and procedures, schedules surgical booking appointments. 6 .1 Demonstrates and applies sound knowledge of Admitting's SDK system and the surgical booking system. 6 .2 Obtains and records demographic and clinical information, utilizing the appropriate computer system. 6 .3 When appropriate, communicates booking and scheduling information to customers, co-workers and other departments to ensure a smooth admission process for the customer. 6 .4 PEDIATRIC PRE-OPERATIVE CHART PREPARATION
- 7. Ensures the completeness of all required pre-operative documentation as dictated by hospital policy and medical staff by-laws. 7.1 Follows departmental procedures in obtaining required pre-operative documentation. Maintains an accurate system of sorting, dating and filing documents to ensure the integrity of patient information. 7.2 Maintains an accurate system of sorting, dating and filing documents to ensure the integrity of patient information. 7.3 Ensures that an accurate audit trail is maintained of the document retrieval process by following established documentation procedures.
High School graduate with demonstrated continuing education at a college level program or equivalent experience. Bachelor's Degree preferred
Three or more years experience in a hospital environment with emphasis on registration, reception, patient tracking functions. Experience should involve compliance with reception and customer service policies as noted in the medical bylaws and the clinical necessity of admissions
Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership ability. Has the ability to effectively communicate with all disciplines and all levels of customers both written and verbal. Ability to work in a fast -paced changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs, (including clinical crises on the unit and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with sound judgement and excellent customer relations skills. Strong working knowledge of PC's and related software to prepare a variety of reports. Must be able to work under constant pressure and use strong organizational skills. Demonstrates working knowledge of Medical Terminology
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum - $16.36/hr.
Maximum - $30.37/hr.