To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing all aspects of the cardiac diagnostic testing department.
- 1. Performs regular stress tests.
- 1.1 Checks for accurate and complete physician order for regular stress test. Obtains accurate order before proceeding with stress testing.
- 2. Performs nuclear stress tests.
- 2.1 Checks for accurate and complete physician order for regular stress test. Obtains accurate order before proceeding with stress testing.
- 3. Performs stress echocardiograms.
- 3.1 Checks for accurate and complete physician order for stress echocardiogram. Obtains accurate order before procedding with stress testing.
- 4. Administers Definity as per sonographer request for stress echocardiograms and echocardiograms.
- 4.1 Checks for accurate patient identification.
- 5. Performs holter monitor interpretation for physician review.
- 5.1 Assesses for correct patient identification and physician order.
- 6. Performs 12 lead EKG interpretations for physician review.
- 6.1 Checks for patient identification and physician order.
- 7. Performs 24 hour blood pressure monitoring.
- 7.1 Checks for correct patient identification and physician order.
- 8. Performs saline contrast for echocardiograms.
- 8.1 Identifies patient and explains procedure. Answers patient questions.
- 9. Performs administrative duties.
- 9.1 Supervises staff. Appropriately delegates tasks to team members. Monitors all work they complete. Institutes corrective action when indicated. Notifies administrator in a timely manner of significant indiscretions or errors.
- 10. Demonstrates leadership skills.
- 10.1 Maintains daily testing schedule. Checks schedule and organizes patient flow. Shares problems related to patients and/or staff with supervisor quickly.
- 11. Performs management duties.
- 11.1 Manages diagnostic testing department services in accordance with clinical and governmental standards.
BSN or MSN preferred.
Minimum of 2 years professional nursing experience, preferably in cardiac, supervisory/charge experience strongly preferred.
State of CT RN license.
ACLS required, needs to maintain certification. 12 lead EKG interpretation. Advanced arrhythmia recognition.
Requires extended periods of sitting, walking & standing. Moderate unassisted lifting to 30lbs.