To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the nurse manager, manages individualized, goal-directed nursing care through the use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing, in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- 1. Essential Functions
- 1.1 Assesses the patient's physical and psychological condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care. Documents appropriately the information obtained from the ongoing assessment. Shares significant assessment data with the appropriate discipline.
- 2. Essential Functions ( continued)
- 2.1 Adheres to The Westerly Hospital policies and procedures
- 3. Staff/Self Development
- 3.1 Acts as a clinical resource and role model
- 4. Staff/Self Development (continued)
- 4.1 Actively participates in train and educational activities for other staff members
- 5. Customer Service
- 5.1 Demonstrate a high level of respect, dignity compassion and professionalism for all customers by utilizing the four tenets of Patient Family and Centered Partnership.
- 6. Employee Collaboration and Teamwork
- 6.1 Recognizes and values the contributions of fellow employees and displays cooperation and teamwork.
- 7. Resource Utilization
- 7.1 Reports to work on time, prepared to work and follow hospital policies for notice of lateness/absenteeism and time off requests.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Previous Geriatric Psych exp pref; Previous hospital exp pref
Current RI License
CPI training within 1 yr of employment
Previous geriatric psychiatric experience preferred