To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs selected patient care duties and may assist other care providers under the direction of an R.N.. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Demonstrates teamwork in performance of daily role.
- 1.1 Willingly and flexibility accepts adjustments in duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- 2. Promotes teamwork amongst all Endoscopy sites. Works closely with managers, nursing staff, and regulatory.
- 2.1 Sets up procedure room for endoscopic procedures according to prescribed method under direction of an RN.
- 3. Maintains unit environment.
- 3.1 Reports repair needs to appropriate person and follows through to ensure repairs are completed as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 4. Performs other related duties as needed and/or directed.
- 4.1 Transports patient/supplies as required for patient care as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 5. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility in daily performance of role.
- 5.1 Relocates and rotates to meet patient care needs 100% of the time as observed by supervisor.
- 6. Completes non-therapeutic and diagnostic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 6.1 Remove medication(s) from the pneumatic tube system sent from the Pharmacy or Hospital Supply to the unit/patient care area.
High school diploma required.
A minimum of 5 years of related experience required.
Certified Nursing Assistant or Sterile Processing Distribution certification.
Good interpersonal skills, Must have command of English language both reading and writing, Successful completion of orientation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They are frequently required to reach with hands and arms. They are occasionally required to sit. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.