To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Attends in the outpatient clinic, precepting residents in their continuity clinics. Attends on the General Medicine (Team Care) service several months annually, covering weeknight and weekend call periodically as proscribed by the Medicine Chair. Attends on the Puolmonary inpatient consult service, supervising the Pulmonary Fellows, as well as in the Pulmonary outpatinet Clinic. Serves on hospital committees as suggested by the Chair.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
- 1. Provide direct and consulting care to in-patients and/or out-patients.
- 2. Ensure compliance with regulatory agency requirements (e.g. JCAHO).
- 3. Review clinical staff performance to ensure quality of care and efficient use of resources.
- 4. Maintain clinical activity by full participation in departmental clinical workload.
- 5. Participate in medical staff leadership activities, especially respiratory care and intensive care.
- 6. Prepares for, attends and participates in team meetings and daily huddle
- 7. Collaborates in developing team priorities, patient goals, and care plans
- 8. Keeps problem list, medication list and patient care plan updated for team members
- 9. Approves orders and referrals for health maintenance
MD or MBBS; completion of an accredited medicine residency program and pulmonary fellowship program, with board certification in both medicine and pulmonary medicine.
Completion of the above educational programs.
Licensed to practice medicine in the state of CT. ABIM certification as noted above.
Demonstrated apptitude and interest in educating medical students, residents and fellows.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids.
Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
May be exposed to infectious diseases in the setting of caring for sick patients. Standing, walking and sitting most of day. Working with lightweight equipment.