To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position reports to the Director, COVID Testing Enterprise. The Manager has the responsibility and accountability for all administrative, technical and personnel matters required for the efficient and high quality operation and management of the testing teams within their portfolio. This individual is administratively accountable for both capital and operating budget development and has the responsibility for development, interpretation and application of section policies and procedures, budgets and long range planning in conjunction with the Director, COVID Testing Enterprise and the Physician Executive Director.
Actions must consistently exemplify all HRO, CHAMP, Service Excellence and employee handbook guidelines.
- 1. Manages and directs the daily operations of the testing enterprise portfolio, including approving work schedules, maintaining proper staffing, and supervising the daily work activities of clinical and clerical staff.
- 2. Responsible for maintaining the operating budget within the expense base. Provides monthly status report of operating budget to the Director on all variances.
- 3. Ensures appropriateness of test requests in coordination with Director and medical staff. Reviews and evaluates report validation, abnormal and unexpected test results with medical staff.
- 4. Responsible for quality control and quality assistance for the testing enterprise in dealing with clinical issues and referencing as appropriate to the Medical Director when necessary. Ensures continuity, timeliness and quality of services.
- 5. Ensures adequate testing and protective equipment supplies and sound inventory control within budget parameters.
- 6. Provides orientation to new employees and ongoing in-service instruction to assigned personnel.
- 7. Maintains effective liaison with other areas of the Hospital concerned with various testing procedures. Addresses conflict between testing policies and clinician demands for testing, and either resolves them or brings them to the attention of the Medical Director.
- 8. Ensures that all testing equipment is properly maintained to include service contractual arrangements and facilitates repair when necessary.
- 9. In conjunction with hospital and testing IT, develops computer needs and facilitates implementation of department programs for testing collections reporting and interfacing. Reviews and updates annually.
- 10. Evaluates testing policies, procedures and equipment making effective recommendations regarding
improvements to the Director.
- 11. Leads recruitment for areas of responsibility and the selection of all testing personnel. Responsible for the administration of compensation, promotions, transfers, terminations and disciplinary action for all staff. Conducts employee performance reviews on review date. Responsible for review and update of job descriptions as needed.
- 12. Responsible for statistical information necessary for all surveys, preparation of reports, documents, payroll records and other data as required.
- 13. Assists Directors in the development of capital and operating budget plans.
- 14. Responsible for annual updates to costing of all tests. Recommends and takes action with Medical Director regarding changes in test methodology.
- 15. Adheres to all Universal Precautions, hazard, fire and safety policies and procedures. Responsible for annual staff retaining for all safety policies. Assists in preparation of developing QA standards and indicators required for departmental QA Committee as well as requirements of regulatory agencies (CAP, CLIA & JCAHO).
- 16. Responsible for monitoring technical competency of technical personnel to include annual competency evaluation.
- 17. Maintains annual continuing education to improve management effectiveness and technical expertise.
- 18. Participates in departmental projects, supporting the Hospital's community service mission.
- 19. Responsible for maximizing employee satisfaction through counseling, facilitating, holding meetings and resolving Employee Opinion Survey issues.
- 20. Performs other administrative duties within the testing portfolio as necessary. Ability to identify and demonstrate, correct, and implement changes as related to quality improvement, regulation, or departmental need.
- 21. Ability to facilitate a multitude of employee relation, human resources, and employee satisfaction initiatives to enhance staff experience and expectation.
- 22. Ability to provide fiscal oversite and verify account payable spending and review volume data calculating rate of growth.
- 23. Remains current on testing and infection prevention regulatory and compliance requirements. Advises testing management on necessity for meeting any changes in these requirements.
- 24. Must possess a high level of understanding regarding methodologies used and available within areas of responsibility. Must understand clinical utility of applicable testing approaches. Responsible for participating in the development and evaluation of new methodologies for use in the testing enterprise.
- 25. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, government agencies, and private accreditation groups within span of control required. Responsible for ensuring compliance for all regulatory aspects including federal, state, JCAHO requirements.
- 26. Working knowledge of Quality Control and Quality Assurance standards.
- 27. Excellent organizational skills required. Strong writing skills required. Proficient in word processing, database, and spread sheet applications. Proficient in computer software programs - Microsoft Office and Excel.
Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences, Nursing or a related equivalent required. Master's degree in healthcare or business administration preferred.
Seven to ten years of progressive experience in a high complexity healthcare environment required. Managerial experience highly preferred.
Excellent managerial, technical, fiscal, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to identify and demonstrate, correct, and implement changes as related to quality improvement, regulation, or departmental need.
Must possess a high level of understanding regarding methodologies used and available within areas of responsibility. Ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently and effectively. Strong intrapersonal skills required.
Must be willing to travel throughout Connecticut to testing locations. Must represent YNHHS in a positive fashion at all times.