To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The dietetic technician assists the dietitian in the nutritional management and care of patients throughout the life cycle. The dietetic technician's focus is to assure optimal nourishment based on medical and age specific needs, and patients'personal preferences through the translation of the science of nutrition and the study of food into clinical applications.
- 1. Demonstrates effective organizational skills in taking meal selections in an efficient manner by adhering to phone script
- 1.1 Follows script and demonstrates appropriate customer service skills as evidenced by phone script audits with >90% accuracy.
- 2. Processes patient calls quickly and accurately while meeting standard for average call length
- 2.1 Processes meal selections in an efficient and accurate manner, achieving standard for average patient selection call length per meal period, demonstrating ability to prioritize patient demands, and excellent customer service skills
- 3. Demonstrates effective organizational and communication skills in properly adhering to time constraints with phone use, and minimizing time spent in not ready mode.
- 3.1 Properly adheres to time constraints with phone use and achieves standards in regards to time spent in not ready mode.
- 4. Demonstrates effective menu corrections with to ensure patients receive meals which incorporate personal preferences, dietary restrictions, and tray space guidelines. Provides patients with basic information on therapeutic restrictions when taking meal selections.
- 4.1 Accurately corrects patient menu selections via computerized diet system, taking into account therapeutic restrictions, space limitations, menu glossary guidelines, age-specific needs, and patient preferences with >90% accuracy.
- 5. Participates in all inservice training programs to remain current in professional knowledge and clinical skills. Assists in establishing, communicating, and implementing policies and procedures. Maintains registration as applicable through Commission on Dietetic Registration. Files and updates professional portfolio to maintain registration if applicable.
- 5.1 Completes all scheduled inservices obtaining >90% on evaluations
AS degree from an accredited dietetic technician program or BS in food and nutrition (may be in process), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Registered dietetic technician preferred.
Excellent interpersonal (both oral and written) communication skills required. Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner required. Must possess a working knowledge of medical nutrition therapy and food service operations to ensure patients receive safe and appropriate food and nutrition services. Ability to use computers for computerized diet order entry and menu systems required.
No special conditions.