To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a variety of clinical laboratory tests in a way that ensures accurate and timely reporting of diagnostically important information in support of patients serviced at the Satellite Lab. This is achieved by the use of technical skill and knowledge of instrumentation and principles to recognize problems, synthesize alternatives and apply solutions. Applies excellent customer service skills and acts as a member of a cohesive team.
- 1. Technical Skills - Demonstrates technical competency by performing a wide variety of techniques related to chemistry, hematology and miscellaneous testing such as Troponin, Strep, Covid, and Flu. Ability to release Blood Bank products for the ED (SMC) or infusion areas.
- 1.1 Assesses the specimen according to established procedural criteria, documents specimen problems, rejects inappropriate samples and requests new specimen(s) when appropriate.
- 2. Instrumentation Skills - Demonstrates sufficient knowledge and skills to independently operate chemistry and hematology instrumentation and point-of-care devices.
- 2.1 Performs instrument maintenance according to schedule including documentation, within established time limits.
- 3. General laboratory skills and knowledge - Performs tasks that assist with overall operations of the Satellite laboratory services according to laboratory policies and in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- 3.1 Takes responsibility for all reagents and supplies associated with assigned tests to ensure adequate materials are available for testing.
- 4. Professional Skills - Demonstrates a professional attitude and approach to all areas of work, attempts to work well with others and demonstrates a commitment to personal career growth and competency.
- 4.1 Employee is ready to work at the start of the assigned shift. Adheres to hospital policy by returning from breaks/lunches within established times.
- 5. Blood Banking - Performs blood bank procedures in a responsible and efficient manner to ensure the accurate and timely release of blood products. (exception is Smilow 4)
- 5.1 Receives requests for blood bank products or services, and checks for pertinent patient information and special needs on the requisition. Prioritizes requests so that medical emergencies come first. Competency is evaluated through direct observation and record review.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent with MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent., One (1) to two (2) years experience in an accredited Clinical Laboratory.
previous generalist experience
Working knowledge of equipment, instrumentation, and materials used in a Clinical Laboratory.