To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Social Work Case Manager Is Responsible For Facilitating The Homeless Patient's Care Process In The Hospital And The Outpatient Settings. The Case Manager Coordinates With Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers, And Other Health Team Members To Expedite Medically Appropriate, Cost-Effective Care In The Most Appropriate Setting. The Case Manager Applies Clinical Expertise And Medical Appropriateness Criteria To Resource Utilization, Referrals To Outside Agencies, And Use Of Services Across The Continuum. The Case Manager Will Advise The Healthcare Team As Needed.
- 1. Uses High-Risk Screening Criteria To Assess Homeless Patients? Level Of Care Needs. Completes This On Admission To The Outpatient Or Inpatient Setting And Every 6 Months, Or As Needed.
- 2. Completes A Comprehensive Physical, Social, And Financial Assessment Of The Patient/Family To Determine Priorities In Developing A Plan Of Care.
- 3. Coordinates The Plan Of Care With All Members Of The Interdisciplinary Team.
- 4. Collaborates With Patients/Families To Coordinate Community Services And Appropriate Resources That Meet The Patient/Family?S Needs And Goals.
- 5. Discusses With Attending Physicians And / Or Other Physician Advisors The Appropriateness Of Resource Utilization, Consultations, And Treatment Plan.
- 6. Collects Data On Variance Identified In The Inpatient Or Outpatient Setting.
- 7. Coordinates Services And Community Needs For These Patients With The Nurse From The Vna Of Southeastern Connecticut Cope Program.
- 8. Refers Patients To Existing Case Management Programs In The Community, I.E., Tvcca, And Maintains Contact With The Community Agency Case Manager.
- 9. Provide Monthly Reports Of Casework And Assists With Qa/Qi Studies, As Required.
- 10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff / Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 11. Provides Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit
Masters Prepared Social Worker.
Community Case Management; Facilitation Of Health Services Across Level Of Care; Monitoring Appropriateness Of Healthcare Setting; Auditing And Analysis Of Health Care Delivery Practices.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker Preferred
Able To Work Independently As Well As In A Team Setting; Strong Leadership, Communication, And Critical Thinking Skills; Computer Skills In Microsoft Office Required As Well As Willingness To Learn Hospital / Community Based Software; Valid Drivers License And Vehicle Available To Travel Within The Hospital Service Area.