To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs A Variety Of Testing On Blood, Body Fluids And Exudates To Provide Information Used In The Diagnosis Of Disease States. Is Able To Evaluate Laboratory Results With Regards To Accuracy And Appropriateness.
- 1. Follows All Laboratory And Hospital Safety Policies.
- 2. Operates All Department Equipment Safely And According To Manufacturer Guidelines. Performs Preventative Maintenance And Troubleshoots Instrument Failures To Best Of Ability Alerting Proper Personnel Of Equipment Problems.
- 3. Follows All Department Qc Procedures And Troubleshoots Qc Failures With Proper Documentation.
- 4. Takes Part In Inter And Intra-Department Qa Initiatives.
- 5. Responds To Department Staffing Needs By Covering Extra Shifts When Necessary.
- 6. Maintains Technical Competency And Seeks Clarification When Necessary.
- 7. Effectively Utilizes All Necessary Lis Functions.
- 8. Assists Supervisor In Maintaining Adequate Inventory Of Reagents And Supplies Necessary For Testing.
- 9. Collects Blood Samples, Accurately Identifying And Labeling Patient Sample According To Laboratory Policy. Utilizes Proper Phlebotomy Techniques And Appropriate Specimen Containers.
- 10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 12. Performs And Accurately Evaluates Hematology, Urinalysis, And Coagulation Tests.
- 13. Accurately Prepares, Documents, And Results Hematology Send-Out Specimens.
- 14. Participates In Cap Transparency Identifications.
- 15. Accounts For All Specimens On The Pending Log And Relays Courses Of Action To Other Section Shifts.
- 16. Prioritizes Activities To Accommodate Workflow Fluctuations And Special Testing Procedures.
- 17. In The Absence Of The Supervisor, Reviews Daily Work Reports And Quality Control.
Bachelor's Degree In Medical Technology Or Equivalent Required.
Previous Experience Is Desirable But Not Required.
American Society Of Clinical Pathologists Certification (Mt-Ascp) Preferred.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.