To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs A Variety Of Duties To Ensure The Welfare Of Patients, Employees, And Visitors; Protects Grounds, Buildings, Equipment And Supplies Of The Hospital; Makes Decisions On The Best Way To Obtain And Maintain The Security Of The Hospital, Patients, Employees And Visitors Within Departmental And Hospital Guidelines.
- 1. Patrols The Exterior Of The Hospital And Related Buildings, Checking The Security Of All Doors And Windows. Opens And Secures Areas As Required. Check For Safety Violations And Conducts Rounds Throughout The Hospital.
- 2. Patrols Parking Lots And Parking Garage And Monitors As Necessary. Takes Appropriate Enforcement Action When Warranted. Provides Escorts In Parking Lots As Required. Contacts Vehicle Owners For Lights On, Flat Tires, Etc.
- 3. Patrols The Interior Of The Hospital And Related Buildings. Enforces Hospital Policies And Procedures Relating To Visitors, Smoking, Access Control, Proper Passes And Badges.
- 4. Collects, Tags And Logs All Lost And Found Articles.
- 5. Responds To All ?Code Mr. Green? Calls. Takes Control Upon Arrival To Ensure The Safety Of Employees, Other Patients And Visitors. Makes Assignments To Other Respondents To Maintain Control Of The Situation. Responsible To Gain Control Over The Patient And Make The Best And Safest Decisions.
- 6. Responds To All ?1-2-3 Red? Calls. Must Report To The Fire Scene And Assist As Needed. Ensures That The Fire Department Is Escorted To The Fire Area Or Alarm Area. Also Assist With Fire Drills.
- 7. Responds To Patient Assist Calls, Determines To Extent Of The Problem And Responds Accordingly. Responsible For Controlling The Patient In A Way Not To Endanger Other Patients, Visitors And Staff. Handles All Eloped Patients And Contacts New London Police Department If Necessary
- 8. Responds To All Life Star Arrivals. Ensures A Safe Lz. Maintains Security Around The Helicopter While On The Ground And Assists The Life Star Crew In Transporting The Patient To The Helicopter.
- 9. Reviews Reports And Safety Huddle Sheets Generated From Last Shift Worked To Ensure Being Up To Date With Current Information. Completes Detailed Reports And Log Entries.
- 10. Staffs And Maintains A Dispatch Center Which Operates 7 Days Per Week, 24 Hours Per Day. Monitors Cctv, Door And Alarm Systems, Contacts Local Emergency Responders As Necessary. Initiates Hospital Emergency Response Procedures For Fires, Security Emergencies And Events, And Medical Emergencies.
- 11. Follows All Department Policies, Procedures And Directives.
- 12. Meets Performance Expectations For Public Safety Officer, Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 13. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure The Safety And Operational Needs Of The Department And Organization.
- 14. Public Safety Charge Officer
- 15. Acts As Liaison Between Public Safety Officers, Operations Manager And Public Safety Director.
- 16. Patrols Lawrence & Memorial Hospital Grounds To Assure Public Safety Officers Are Performing Duties Appropriately.
- 17. Over Sees On-The-Job Training For Public Safety Officers.
- 18. Educates Public Safety Officers In Any New Policies, Procedures, Equipment Or Techniques.
- 19. Schedules And Assigns Public Safety Officers To Cover All Shifts.
Minimum Of A High School Diploma Or Ged Graduate.
Prior Security, Law Enforcement Or Military Experience Preferred.
Connecticut State Security Permit Required.Valid Driver?S License Required.