To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction and supervision of the Central Nursing Business Office (CNBO) Manager and in cooperation with the managers of the Centralized Staffing Department (CSD), the Scheduling Assistant performs a wide range of communicatiion and coordination functions to support safe patient care throughout the organization. This role supports the scheduling of qualified resources to meet staffing requirements within the organization. Specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to: scheduling, KRONO, reports, projects, data collection, and traveler billing.
Performance Management: Evaluating the quality of performance for this position will be based on direct observation and on demonstation of accurately completing assigned work; along with self review.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" and by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
- 1. Under the direction of the CNBO manager and in collaboration with the PSM's/APSM's of the patient care units, creates schedules according to Staffing and Scheduling Standards on time, every time.
- 2. Meets with the PSM's/APSM's of the patient care units to discuss any variations from their Master Schedules.
- 3. Maintains KRONOS on a daily basis, communicating with the PSM's/APSM'S of the patient care units to ensure accuracy and completion when due.
- 4. Under the direction of the Manager, assists the Data Coordinator with selected responsibilities, including: collecting and maintaining data for Magnet status, maintaining nurse licensure reports, and assisting with the organization of employee files.
- 5. Under the direction of the Manager, assists the Financial Coordinator with selected reponsibilities, including: Traveler accounts and Constant Companion Report/Projects.
- 6. Works with peers to assure a productive workflow within the office, including assisting each other with the completion of schedules and KRONOS.
- 7. As assigned, assists the PSM/APSM of the CSD with secretarial duties to support the smooth operation of the department. Duties include: answering the phone, maintaining staffing sheets, making phone calls, and maintaining the Constant Companion board.
A minimum of a high school graduate; Business school graduate preferred.
Two to four years experience with twenty-four hours a day/seven days a week scheduling experience and/or higher level secretarial experience.
Computer literacy and software skills related to Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Working knowledge of scheduling and payroll programs preferred. Strong customer service, attention to detail, and effective communication skills are required.