To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides security services to create an environment free of criminal activity which allows the Hospital community to achieve its mission and goals.
- 1. Security and Patrol Duties
- 1.1 Performs rounding on all Yale New Haven Hospital owned and/or leased properties as assigned. Continuously utilizing standard practices and training to deter, and detain all unauthorized individuals or suspicious circumstances and criminal activity. Report all such incidents, as they occur, to ensure the maintenance of a safe environment for all patients, staff and visitors.
- 2. Reporting Responsibilities
- 2.1 Provide written communication through hospital approved reporting system that affect the general safety and security of the Hospital community and environment.
- 3. Support Functions
- 3.1 Performs general support functions to ensure that all services afforded to the Hospital community for safety, security and for public relations are provided upon request and in a professional and timely manner. Performs vehicle and walking escorts to authorized and approved locations. Performs money escort assignments for Hospital departments within the complex. Utilize the Lost and Found, and Patient Valuable systems according to Hospital and Department policies and practices.
- 4. Performs all duties in demonstrating the "I Am Yale-New Haven"
- 4.1 Follows established Hospital and Departmental standard precautions and procedures in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment for everyone.
- 5. Meets Hospital's attendance and punctuality requirements to be on your assigned post on time to ensure proper coverage and quality service to patients, visitors and employees.
Position requires high school diploma or GED, plus graduation from a Connecticut or other POST approved Police Academy
A minimum of five (5) years of police experience. Security, in addition to police experience is preferred.
Must have held or currently hold a "Police Officer" POST Certification
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Must have a State of CT pistol permit
Must be eligible to apply and be issued a Connecticut State Security Officer License from the Connecticut Department of Public Safety (State Police Special Licensing)
Must maintain current qualifications for the State Security Officer License
Individual must maintain a valid Connecticut State Security Officer Pistol Permit
Must successfully pass an annual mandatory pistol re-qualification course in order to maintain a "Senior Protective Services Officer" assignment. Failure to do so will result in a temporary/permanent reassignment to a different job classification, or termination of employment
Individual must possess and retain a valid Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator's license, without any lapse
Appropriate physical condition for position demands, and responsibility to maintain condition level
Position requires the ability to work in a sustained high stress environment