To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Clinical Services. Responsible and accountable for the daily operation of the Department's phlebotomy services and specimen processing areas. This includes community based draw stations, on campus clinics and impatient phlebotomy. These responsibilities include administrative and personnel matters as well as accountability for customer service, budget adherence and capital budget planning. This position is also responsible for the management of all outpatient services for SRC campus. This includes both personnel management and operations.
- 1. Responsible for operations of phlebotomy services and specimen processing.
- 1.1 Manages all staff to include approving work schedules, maintaining proper staff and day to day supervision of activities.
- 2. Responsible for budgetary control.
- 2.1 Responsible for maintaining the operating budget within the expense base. Provides timely feedback to Director of Laboratory Services on all budget variances.
- 3. Assures provision of exceptional customer service
- 3.1 Develops and implements customer service strategies to assure exceptional customer service is provided.
- 4. Other administrative duties
- 4.1 Supports departmental outreach activities in the absence of the Outreach Marketing Coordinator
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in a Biological Science is required, or Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology with MT (ASCP) certification or equivalent preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years of Managerial, Technical, or Professional experience in a Laboratory setting is required. Previous phlebotomy experience is highly preferred.
ASCP certification and/or phlebotomy certification preferred
Excellent organizational verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate in an effective and professional manner with hospital staff. Excellent customer services skills required. Proficient with word processing and spreadsheet software. General knowledge of laboratory quality assurance. Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for laboratories. Working knowledge of phlebotomy. The ability to work as a member of a diverse team is essential.