To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs All Functions Of Anesthesia Support Technician And Includes Coordination Of Drugs, Supplies And Equipment Required For The Administration Of Anesthesia In Or, Ldrp, Er, And Radiology. In Addition, Troubleshoots The Needs Of Surgical Services When The Need Arises.
- 1. Sets Up All Anesthesia Cases With Supplies And Equipment In An Accurate And In Timely Manner.
- 2. Delivers Appropriate Materials And Specialized Equipment To Operating Rooms As Requested, Attends All Mandatory Inservices Regarding Safety Related Issues, Troubleshoots Equipment Or Process Issues.
- 3. Maintains An Inventory Of Non-Disposable Supplies, Sterile Disposable And Clean Items To Ensure Par Level Are Kept At All Times. Ensures All Supplies And Equipment Are Ordered, Received And Put In Proper Storage Areas, Works Actively With Purchasing On Supplies.
- 4. Delivers Appropriate Materials And Specialized Equipment To Operating Rooms As Requested.
- 5. Monitors Progress Of All Operating Rooms, Noting Appropriate Staff Of Add Ons And Or Cancellations, Reassigns Staff As Needed, Coordinates Daily Schedule, Works With Operating Room Coordinator.
- 6. Assures Department Charges Are Completed.
- 7. Orients New Hires And Acts As Preceptor. Acts As Technical Resource For All Staff.
- 8. Assists Manager With Developing And Monitoring Completion Of Yearly Competencies. Assist Manager With Quality Improvement Activity And Special Projects.
- 9. Consults With Chief Of Anesthesia Regarding Acquisition Needs, Meet With Sales Representatives For Information And Purchase Of Equipment.
- 10. Evaluates Cost Comparisons And Recommends Items For Trial To Value Analysis Committee And Works With Business Manager For Capital Purchases.
- 11. Confirms Monthly Maintenance Of Appropriate Machinery.
- 12. Maintains Job Competency On Specialized Equipment Per Hospital Policy.
- 13. Use Computer To Enter Blood Work, Blood Gases, Anesthesia Charges, And Supplies. Obtains Blood Products From Blood Bank And Follows Proper Procedures For Retrieving And Delivering All Items.
- 14. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
High School Diploma Or Equivalent Required.
One Year Experience In Anesthesia Or Related Work Experience Required
Cpr Certification, Anesthesia Technician Certification And Medical Terminology Preferred.