To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the constant companion maintains continuous visual observation of the patient to ensure the patient's safety and dignity are not compromised.
Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 1. Ensures the patient's safety and dignity during their assigned shift.
- 1.1 Maintains continuous visual contact with the patient at all times
- 2. Practices proper communications and customer relations skills to ensure patient satisfaction.
- 2.1 Identifies self to the patient's assigned nurse and receives report on the patient, at all times
- 3. Performs assigned communication duties to ensure efficient and accurate flow of information. The following responsibilities will be reviewed based on selfaudit.
- 3.1 Notifies head Nurse or Charge Nurse whenever he/she needs to leave the desk Notifies nurse immediately of patient requests and communicates all lab reports, phone messages, admissions to the appropriate personnel 100% of the time and follows through on requests by nursing and medical personnel for supports to the patient
High School diploma or equivalent.
A minimum of one year of CNA experience required.
CNA Certificate required.