To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Directs And Supervises All Activities In The General And Cardiovascular Ultrasound Department. Provides Leadership, Support, Business, Technical Expertise, And Evaluations Of Personnel To Maintain Quality. Maintains Performance Standards At Acceptable Levels, Makes Effective Recommendations Concerning Hiring, Discipline, And Evaluations Of Assigned Personnel. Assures Employees Are Providing Healthcare In A Professional, Compassionate, And Cost-Effective Manner. Demonstrates The Ability To Assertively Pursue Necessary Information And To Function Independently To Secure Resolution On Staff And Patient Issues. Projects A Mature Problem-Solving Attitude While Dealing With Interpersonal Conflict, Dissatisfied Patients, And Time Demands.
1. Consistently monitors all activities so that quality services are provided in an efficient manner.
2. Develops and maintains department quality and productivity standards within Benchmark levels.
3. Provides coaching, counseling and other forms of support to staff that helps them to attain their quality goals.
4. Provides business expertise to help hospital achieve goals.
5. Completes performance reviews and employee records in a timely manner.
6. Maintains high level of competency in patient exams and is a resource to the department.
7. Performs General and/or Cardiovascular Ultrasound exams.
8. Schedules technical staff to maintain optimum staffing, patient safety and within budgetary guidelines.
9. Submits, monitors, and maintains operating and capital budgets. Develops strategies to positively impact results.
10. Able to interpret market data trends to help market department.
11. Able to translate department and hospital financials into specific departmental goals and strategies.
12. Able to develop and execute department specific business plans.
13. Maintains appropriate level of supplies.
14. Maintains policies, protocols, and image quality to maintain and achieve accreditations.
15. Ensures efficient workflows.
16. Provides learning environment for students and new employees.
17. Participates in professional development programs to remain current in healthcare practices, trends, and regulations.
18. Develops and delivers staff education. Ensures staff competencies are current and up to date.
19. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
20. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure modality operations.
ARDMS ABD/OB/GYN, RVT and RDCS (Adult) required. BS highly preferred, must be working toward BS degree.
5 years General Ultrasound and/or Cardiovascular experience required – previous supervisory experience preferred, competent in all computer systems (RIS/PACS/CPACS) and Microsoft Office.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.