To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Administrator and Manager of Clinical Operations, the nurse liaison represents Yale-New Haven Health System/Home Care Plus in the community by initiating and maintaining relationships with referral sources.
- 1. Works with Administrator, Manager of Clinical Operations, and YNHHS Marketing to focus on agency needs.
- 2. Will identify opportunities to develop and grow new referral sources.
- 3. Builds positive relationships with referral sources and physicians.
- 4. Receive patient referrals electronically or via hard copy.
- 5. Onsite evaluations of patients who may be eligible for home care; coordinate with discharge teams in acute and rehab facilities to establish a safe transition to care.
- 6. Tracks patients readmitted to hospitals.
- 7. May deliver orders for physician signature.
- 8. Meets with individuals and groups in the community to educate regarding programs and services offered by Home Care Plus.
- 9. Attends staff meetings, inservices, and all other required meetings.
- 10. Compliance with all mandatory requirements inclusive of Healthstreams.
Nursing Diploma, Associates Degree in Nursing. BSN preferred.
Minimum three years nursing experience required in an acute care setting. Home care experience desirable.
Registered Nurse with Valid (or eligible) Connecticut license required.
Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of home care eligibility desired.
Must have self motivation and excellent time management skills.
Ability to effectively build relationships.
excellent computer skills.
Periods of sitting and standing.