To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
- 7. Functions Are Charge Nurse.
- 8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 10. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding Of Procedures & Protocols Associated With Caring For Patients With: Arterial Lines, Cardiac Monitors, Central Venous Pressure And Swan-Ganz Catheters. Including Cardiac Output.
- 11. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In Arrhythmia Interpretation And Appropriate Interventions. Including Being Able To Troubleshoot Cardiac Equipment.
- 12. Demonstrates Skill And Understanding Of Nursing Responsibilities And Interventions For Patients On A Ventilator, Cpap, Prvc,& Peep. Including The Care Of A Trach Tube Or Endotracheal Tube According To Established Policies And Procedures.
- 13. Assists With Intubation And Extubation Of Patients According To Established Policies And Procedures.
- 14. Demonstrated Skill And Knowledge In The Performance Of Defibrillation/Cardioversion.
- 15. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In Pre And Post Op Care Of The Patient With A Temporary Or Permanent Pacer. Including The Care Of Patients Requiring External Pacemakers.
- 16. Demonstrates Skill And Knowledge In The Operation Of Equipment And Care Of The Patient With Iabp.
- 17. Demonstrated Competency In Patient Preparation, Drug Administration And Follow Up Of Patients Receiving A Thrombolytic Agent
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Of Med/Surg Experience Preferred, Critical Care Experience Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Bls And Acls Required Within The First Year Of Employment