To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. May Be Requires To Work On Other Nursing Units According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
- 7. Functions As A Charge Nurse.
- 8. Demonstrates The Ability To Provide A Safe Environment For Self And Patients.
- 9. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 10. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 11. Demonstrate Competency In The Care Of Antepartum, Intrapartum, Postpartum And Selected Gyn Patients.
- 12. Demonstrate Competency In The Care Of The Normal Newborn.
- 13. Incorporate Principles Of Developmentally Supportive And Family Centered Care.
- 14. Demonstrate Competency In The Insertion And Maintenance Of Peripheral Intravenous Lines.
- 15. Promotes Breastfeeding Through Assistance, Instruction And Collaboration With The Lactation Consultant When Indicated.
- 16. Demonstrate Competency In Functioning As Circulating Nurse In The Or. May Demonstrate Competency To Perform Scrub Duties.
- 17. Demonstrate Competency With Documentation In The Perinatal Data Program.
- 18. Demonstrates Competency In Insertion And Maintenance Of Neonatal Peripheral Intravenous Lines, Obtaining Neonatal Lab Samples And Maintenance Of Central Intravenous Lines.
- 19. Demonstrates Competency In Management Of Neonates Requiring Respiratory System Support, E.G. Suctioning, Chest Pt.
- 20. Demonstrates Competency In Initial Care And Stabilization Of Neonates At High-Risk Deliveries
- 21. Incorporates Principles Of Developmentally Supportive And Family-Centered Care.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Recent Level 2 Or 3 Nicu Experience Or Ldrp Experience Preferred.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License Required.
Must Obtain Certification In Electronic Fetal Monitoring Within Two (2) Years Of Hire. Bls Certification Required. Nicu Certification Required Within 2 Years After Completion Of Orientation. Nrp Required Within Six Months Of Hire.