To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under general supervision, providing a variety clerical duties in support of the department.
- 1. Acts as receptionist, greeting and interacting with patients, visitors and others.
- 1.1 Greets all patients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- 2. Performs various unit clerical tasks including mailing, messages, record-keeping, typing, and filing.
- 2.1 Distributes mail, utilizes paging system, takes and delivers messages for unit personnel
- 3. Handles patient appointment system.
- 3.1 Schedules patient appointments in coordination with the clinical staff.
- 4. Interacts with all others in a manner consistent with excellent hospital public relations.
- 4.1 Demonstrates professional and courteous manner during interactions with patients, hospital staff, physicians and their office staff, and with all other contacts.
- 5. Cleanliness and safety.
- 5.1 Maintains safe, clean, and organized environment in all clerical areas.
- 6. Patients' Rights.
- 6.1 Respects patients' rights at all times identified within the institution.
- 7. Supplies/ordering, errands.
- 7.1 Assists in maintaining supplies at appropriate inventory levels.
- 8. Emergency situations.
- 8.1 Performs efficiently in emergency situations as directed.
- 9. Information/in-service participation.
- 9.1 Appropriately seeks information or assistance from administrator, or other resource people.
High school graduate or equivalent. Medical office training/education required.
Experience in medical office setting required; 2+ years experience in business office with relevant transferable skill set.