To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Diagnostic Radiology Emergency Manager, and in cooperation with DR Radiologist, Technologist, members of the patient care team of the Emergency Department, achieves desired outcomes in the following areas: Striving for excellence in customer service, communications, coordination of patient exams, includes all responsible communications and tasks necessary to ensure accurate, complete and timely scheduling of all DR Procedures. The Communications Coordinator must have the ability to perform these duties appropriately, have an understanding of Imaging Procedures and a general understanding of Human Anatomy, working in a fast paced and changing environment, be able to respond to unpredictable changing situations with sound judgment, be self motivated and have excellent organizational skills. Individual will be responsible for documenting accurate clinical data related to the procedure ie: Diagnosis, signs and symptoms. This will require an individual with familiarity with related computer software applications. He/she also accepts the fact that tasks may be added or deleted to this role based on the needs of the patients we serve. To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, Diagnostic Radiology staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH Diagnostic Radiology locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
- 1. Screens and transfers incoming phone calls to the appropriate areas to ensure that accurate and timely department communication is facilitated and the Department is represented in a positive manner.
- 1.1 Provides all support and clerical assistance to patients, families, staff, department, patient floors, ancillary departments, and community contacts with the greatest consideration and highest regard for customer satisfaction as observed by the supervisor.
- 2. Performs general clerical functions to ensure accurate, prompt and effective scheduling operating within the department.
- 2.1 Routinely reviews EPIC orders, 100% of the time as observed by the supervisor.
- 3. Performs and reviews various tasks in IT systems to ensure efficiency.
- 3.1 Prints, corrects, and purges interface error logs minimally every half hour to ensure accurate and timely scheduling of Diagnostic Imaging procedures 95% of the time as observed by supervisor and clinical areas.
- 4. Supports Technologist in day to day operations.
- 4.1 Routinely monitors Patient Teletracking System to maintain patient flow and to ensure patient exams are done in a timely manner.
- 5. Supports Film Library functions to assist patients, referring physicians and radiologists.
- 5.1 Routinely provides Image Library assistance by importing patient CD exams from referring institutions for the emergency department within our PACS and EPIC.
- 6. Supports and participates in department and hospital demands recognizing the changing healthcare environment through self enrichment and flexibility.
- 6.1 Attends and participates in staff meetings. If unable to attend, accepts responsibility for reading minutes or following up with Manager or staff in attendance to remain abreast of all activities of department.
Graduation from high school or GED is required. Medical terminology and computer course or equivelant related experience is preferred. Associates degree in business or a healthcare related field is preferred.
Experience in Diagnostic Radiology environment is preferred. Experience in Emergency Department setting preferred. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and basic anatomy as it pertains to Diagnostic Radiology exams is preferred. Ability to learn different scheduling features of the Radiology Information Systems equipment and computer applications related to job description. Ability to work independently. Excellent problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a variety of customers using diplomacy, tact and sensitivity. Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent verbal and telephone communication skills; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. 20 words per minute to demonstrate accurate keyboarding skills ; working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, with ability to learn patient records, scheduling and/or billing software applications. Ability to read computer screens, forms, and other documents, and to follow written and oral instructions. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs (including clinical crises and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with professionalism, good judgment and ALWAYS excellent customer relation skills. Ability to remain calm and professional in high stress situations.
Primarily sedentary work sitting within a clinical setting with minimum exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Requires occasional ability to lift, push and pull objects such as files and office supplies up to 15 lbs; and occasional moving about on foot to accomplish asks, walking long distances or moving from one work site to another. Continuous use of telephones requiring ability to hear and speak to convey detailed or important instructions accurately, loudly or quickly. Continuous use of computer monitoring, telephone, and other office equipment requiring fingering and excellent keyboarding skills.