To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Applies Nursing Principles In The Prevention, Recognition And Treatment Of Work-Related Illness/Injury, While Protecting And Promoting The Health And Safety Of Hospital Employees. Utilizes Case Management To Actively Promote Prompt Return To Work And Minimize Lost Time.
- 1. Utilizes Interview And Observation Techniques To Perform Individualized Nursing Assessments To Document Complete Data Relating To Work Injuries/Illnesses, Pre-Employment Screening, Respirator Fit Testing For N-95s, And Medical Surveillance.
- 2. Communicates Significant Assessment Data To Medical Director, Program Manager, And Other Staff Members.
- 3. Seeks Assistance When Care Needs Are Beyond Scope Of Own Experience And Knowledge.
- 4. Recognizes Subtle Signs Of Imminent Danger And/Or Change In Health Status.
- 5. Identifies Problems And Participates In Problem Solving Process.
- 6. Collaborates With Program Manager To Establish And Implement High Quality Patient/Hospital Protocols/Guidelines.
- 7. Demonstrates The Ability To Function Independently.
- 8. Demonstrates Commitment To Collaborative Practice Among Physician, Nurse, Aprn/Pa, Hr, Supervisors, And Third Party Administrators
- 9. Demonstates Ability To Effectively Use Systoc Software, Especially Emr Functions.
- 10. Meets Unit Specific Requirements: Worker?S Compensation Case Management, Maintains Current Knowledge Of Osha, State And Federal Statutes Relating To The Workplace, Performs Urine Drug Screen Collections, And Respirator Fit Testing.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of An Approved School Of Nursing, Bsn Preferred
Minimum 5 Years Nursing Experience In An Occupational Health Setting Required
Current State Of Connecticut Registered Nursing License