To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Call Center Specialist responds to a wide range of calls in a fast-paced call center environment. Must handle an extremely heavy volume of patient and provider calls to answer questions, hand off to appropriate resources, provide results, and schedule tests, as appropriate. Complies with all HIPPA verification procedures to ensure that you are speaking with the appropriate party prior to providing information. Take appropriate measures to resolve issues while ensuring YNHHS image of good customer relations is maintained at the highest level. Researches and investigates all patient and provider inquiries in order to direct inquiries to the correct source or follow up to resolve their issues involving the coordination of information from the patient with clinical and administrative areas. Individuals should be detail-oriented and possess excellent analytical skills in order to resolve the more complex inquiries. Must balance good customer service skills with the need to expedite calls in order to meet the heavy demands.
- 1. Triage calls to appropriate area after assessing reason for call
- 2. Follow scripted algorithm for symptoms reported when appropriate
- 3. Acts as a liaison between caller and support staff. Answer incoming calls, prioritize calls, determine type of response, and dispatch calls accordingly following prescribed protocols.
- 4. Effectively communicate with patients, physicians and other staff outside the Yale New Haven Health System providing accurate, timely and responsive information.
- 5. Exchange information and manage callers in a courteous and professional manner, even when dealing with callers who are demanding, emotionally distraught and discourteous.
- 6. Use effective communication skills and good judgement in interacting with callers to correctly appraise individual?s needs and capabilities in order to successfully facilitate information exchange and make appropriate telephonic connection and warm transfer to support staff.
- 7. Following established call management guidelines, perform complete, accurate and timely computer data entry and call interaction documentation in accordance with standards.
- 8. Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- 9. Provide information obtained from a variety of sources to field questions from the general public regarding departments, phone numbers, operational hours, locations, etc.
- 10. Identify needs and make appropriate recommendations for quality improvement which creates perceived value for customers.
- 11. Promptly report telephone and/or computer problems to supervisor.
- 12. Maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- 13. Act as a champion for the Yale New Haven Health System signature of care.
High School Diploma. Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree preferred.
Two to five years of experience in a customer service environment or patient care area.
Previous experience in situations where symptom assessments and documentation is required. Experience and familiarity related to symptom assessments with documentation in the electronic medical record and triaging based on call presentation.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be familiar with Medical Terminology.
Basic typing and keyboarding skills.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Maintain calm and positive attitude in stressful situations.
Have the ability to respond to changing workload and work environment.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Must have the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.