To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the documentation, communication, and dispatching of a wide variety of service and information requests from the Outreach clients of the Department of Laboratory Medicine to the appropriate laboratory staff. All responsibilities are performed in accordance with established department policies and procedures. This person must demonstrate outstanding customer service and the key behaviors outlined in the Hospital's Core Success Factors in all interactions. Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures.
- 1. Performs duties in order to provide high quality customer service, while following departmental policies. Creates and supports customer focused behavior. Possesses knowledge of all lab sections providing seamless information for all clients.
- 1.1 Answers telephones within three rings using designated greeting including name and department.
- 2. Demonstrates solid understanding of the efficient use of the ACD telephone system
- 2.1 Utilizes a wide variety of systems to ensure operational effectiveness that include (but are not limited to) CCSS?, SCM, MDLink, 4Medica, and Logician as well as the Departmental LIS.
- 3. Demonstrates proficient use of all Laboratory Medicine and appropriate YNHH software programs that support efficient performance of customer service job duties
- 3.1 Demonstrates proficiency in Soft Lab, Soft Media, Pware, and SDK as they apply to the efficient performance of the Customer Service role
- 4. Performs all duties in accordance with established Laboratory Medicine policies and procedures
- 4.1 Able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands. Selects priorities and organizes work to meet them.
- 5. Demonstrates ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, high stress environment
- 5.1 Demonstrates the ability to perform efficiently in a fast paced, high stress environment
- 6. Works well both independently and as part of the overall customer service team
- 6.1 Demonstrates an organized and efficient workspace
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum two years related telephone/customer service experience required. Preferred candidate would have strong computer and communication skills including medical terminology. Previous medical, clinical laboratory, or customer service experience desirable.
Must be able to speak English clearly. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, EXCEL, and Access applications, and type at least 35 wpm preferred. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Ability to handle stressful situations and demonstrate a potential for strong problem solving skills. Must be able to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and foster excellent customer relations with Outreach clients are required. Must be able to perform tasks independently. Must be able to work effectively with Outreach and general Lab Medicine staff.