To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsibilities include patient tray assembly, deliver and retrieve food trucks from patient floors. Passing patient trays to the patients (red dot excluded), helping with scrapping, washing, rinsing, and sanitizing dishes, pots and pans. Deliver food supplies to different areas of the hospital as needed. May be assigned any duty that is the responsibility of the food and nutrition department.
- 1. Patient meal service
- 1.1 Delivers food truck to the appropriate nursing units at designated meal times and picks up the trucks according to department policies
- 2. Safety programs
- 2.1 Understands HASAP and proper food handling.
- 3. Goals and objectives
- 3.1 participates in all staff meetings
- 4. Systems and processes
- 4.1 supports policies and procedures of the department
- 5. Uses time efficiently to complete work assignment
- 5.1 Consistently uses ?clean as you go? method and performs cleaning assignments, keeping work area clean and well organized.
- 6. May tend, load and clean dish machine and wash pots & pans.
- 6.1 Operating temperatures are recorded on temperature sheet morning,
- 7. May set up patient trays and nourishments
- 7.1 Assembles prepared food & beverage on trays for all diets in a timely manner..
- 8. May work in the Cafeteria
- 8.1 Consistently charges the correct price when cashing out customers, according to the price list.
high school diploma or equivalent or currently enrolled in High School or GED Candidate
four weeks to become proficient and on the job training
food safety certification preferred