To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under general supervision of the Director of Greenwich Fertility and the Financial Coordinator. Responsible for the integrity of data entry into the eIVF practice management software data base. Responsible for all billing requirements for patients such as prior authorizations for the Tuckahoe, Greenwich and Stamford locations. Performs a variety of secretarial, clerical and related duties, both within and in support of the Greenwich Fertility department.
- 1. Obtaining prior authorizations for IVF patients in all Greenwich Fertility locations. Maintaining the IVF spreadsheet to reflect 100% accuracy.
- 1.1 Assess the Start List and prioritize the patient list.
- 2. Enters payments to accounts within 48 hours of receipt, reconciles accounts and attending regular AR meetings to review the insurance and patient AR balances.
- 2.1 Access mail and separate insurance payments from patient payments.
- 3. Maintains Client/patient data and generates invoices.
- 3.1 Generates invoices for all Greenwich Fertility patients on a monthly basis according to established protocol with 100% accuracy.
- 4. Reprocessing insurance claims for IVF patients within appropriate time frame. Establishing a good will relationship with multiple insurance carriers. Able to facilitate the insurance payment process smoothly. Maintain accuracy in coding for IVF bills.
- 4.1 Following up with insurance claims that have been denied, investigating the reasoning and following through with appropriate measures to achieve an desired outcome. Keeps the patient and the staff updated regarding the financial situation. Educates the patient about possible outcomes.
- 5. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and skills relative to computer usage and system maintenance specifically related to eIVF billing software. Responsible for eIVF upgrades and communication regarding the billing system.
- 5.1 Demonstrates clear understanding and utilization of the eIVF practice management software program.
- 6. Maintains Accounts Receivable within the eIVF system. Knowledgeable regarding the eIVF landing page, and financial reports. Able to generate end of year reports related to financials as well as procedures. Insures that all open encounters are complete on a daily basis.
- 6.1 Runs aging and monthly receivables reports weekly to review for discrepancies.
- 7. Performs Clerical Functions for the Greenwich Fertility Program as a backup for Medical Secretaries.
- 7.1 Able to fill in for Medical Secretaries as needed. Fulfills full Medical Secretary role in any Greenwich Fertility office.
- 8. Editing Superbills for Greenwich Fertility Services to reflect the most up to date coding and aid physicians in appropriate selection of ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding. Performs audits to insure appropriate coding for services for the department. Functions as a resource for the physicians in coding for services provided.
- 8.1 Work with Financial Coordinator as well as outside consultant to update all coding sheets as CPTS and ICDs need updating. Able to edit in eIVF to create new Superbills. Educate MDs regarding any editing/changing of coding.
- 9. Delivers bank deposits and keeps accurate records.
- 9.1 Able to appropriately deliver finances to bank for deposits. Obtain and keep bank records, reconciling against daily eIVF reports.
HS diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum of 4 years of experience in outpatient medical office billing, ICD 10 coding and CPT coding, medical terminology, third party requirements. Experience in clerical support a plus.
Knowledgeable regarding medical office billing functions and the insurance process a must. Preferred EPIC experience.
Training and experience in medical office billing functions for workers' compensation using HCFA-1500.
Ability to provide direct invoicing to client companies using database software.
Experience in posting charges, applying payments and working accounts receivables.
Ability to multi-task well, outstanding communication skills, and ability to establish positive rapport with patients dealing with insurance/billing issues. Excellent phone skills and computer skills including WORD, Excel to manage data and create reports, EPIC.
working in closed office setting