To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Regional Manager of Radiation Oncology reports to the Director of Radiation Oncology at Yale New Haven Hospital and in collaboration with the Director of Radiation Oncology is responsible for the administration, organization, and financial operation of the Radiation Oncology Department at YNHH including the Smilow Cancer Hospital, the Saint Raphael Campus, and other satellite and affiliate sites.
The Regional Manager drives operational excellence for the regions Radiation Oncology program and ensuring the region delivers on budgeted growth and profitable targets. This includes serving as the regional leader for executing mid and long range strategic initiatives to optimize the regional operational performance while managing operational short range planning and execution related to site performance, marketing and compliance. The work will involve consistent partnership with the Director of Radiation Oncology at YNHH to identify, plan, manage and coordinate various operational initiatives and tactical plans, tracking operations performance against key performance indicators (and metrics) and coaching/mentoring personnel to ensure optimum team performance.
This individual maintains a high standard for safe, high quality, and cost effective patient care across all locations. With the medical and YNHH leadership, the Regional Manager collaborates on the departmental strategic planning efforts, capital and operating budgeting, and performance improvement efforts with a focus on safety, quality, patient experience, throughput and cost. Works with the Director of Radiation Oncology and Clinical Director to ensure an optimal clinical environment that supports the academic and research missions. Responsible for leading a strong radiation oncology team that collaborates to deliver services in a manner that achieves the departmental mission and goals.
This Regional Manager will assist the Director of Radiation oncology as an official YNHH representative of the Radiation Oncology Department across all sites as well as assisting in the oversight and management of Smilow satellites at SR campus, Hamden and Guilford. Assists in the preparation es and monitoring of the operating budget. Helps to develop and manage capital budgets, including new physical facilities and equipment purchases, and ensures timely infrastructure upgrades.
- 1. Administrative Duties
- 1.1 Oversee administrative and technical activities of the department on the Smilow Cancer Hospital campus and at its YNHH satellite sites.
- 2. Strategic Planning and Goal Setting
- 2.1 Working collaboratively with Director of Radiation Oncology assists in directing the programs and activities of Radiation Oncology Services across all locations.
- 3. Performance Improvement
- 3.1 Oversees an ongoing dashboard to monitor performance of safety, quality, operations and financial management and engages management and staff throughout the department to utilize this tool to set continuous improvement goals and targets.
- 4. Regulatory and Accreditation Agency Compliance
- 4.1 Maintains clinical standards of performance for all department techniques and procedures in accordance with industry, JC, DEEP, DPH, NRC, ACRO, ASTRO and all regulatory agencies to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of patient care, across all sites.
- 5. Employer of Choice
- 5.1 Leads over 20 staff including Chief Therapists in multiple locations across the State.
Bachelor's degree in hospital health services administration, management required.
Five (5) years experience in the administrative, leadership and preferably technological aspects of Radiation Oncology and proven educational abilities.
Experienced in developing and managing staff.
ARRT registration and Connecticut State License preferred but negotiable.
Strong leadership capabilities, demonstrated ability to lead innovation and positive change; a strong work ethic, and the ability to keep pace with the department?s growing and changing needs. Excellent administrative, technical and fiscal management skills. Ability to quickly develop and maintain effective relationships with various internal and external constituents including Yale University staff members, staff of the affiliated hospitals and community colleges. Ability to successfully negotiate and effectively manage complex and politically challenging relationships. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate the following qualities:
1. Proven ability to shape administrative strategies to support program success; success in developing, implementing and evaluating strategic and operational plans while hitting budget targets.
2. Ability to forge positive and effective interpersonal relationships with nurses, therapists, physicians, physics staff, clerical staff and other members of the network, University and clinical satellite facilities.
3. Excellent communication skills with particular ability to interact effectively with Yale faculty, therapists, physics staff, referring physicians, and leadership as well as personnel at various levels of the network, University and clinical satellite facilities.
4. Proven ability to develop people, teams and self; to create a culture of respect and to model partnership and service orientation.
5. Excellent organizational skills to manage time and resources effectively.
6. In-depth knowledge of computer networks, electronic medical records, operations and software applications relative to managing Radiation Oncology.
Monday-Friday day position.