To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Rehab Tech Is A Non-Licensed Worker Who Has Completed An Intensive Orientation/Training Program. The Rehab Tech's Function Is To Perform Designated Routine Tasks Related To The Operation Of Rehab Services. Assists With Patient Related Activities Which Are Predetermined For Each Patient And Assigned By The Licensed Rehab Therapist.
- 1. Responsible For Ordering All Standard Stockroom Items, Linen, Environmental, And Pharmacy Supplies To Ensure Availability Of Supplies At All Times.
- 2. Always Utilizes Proper Body Mechanics With Patient Safety And Comfort In Mind.
- 3. Responsible For Cleaning Equipment, Gym And Treatment Areas As Per Department Policies.
- 4. Ensures That All Treatment Areas Are Prepared For Patient Care At All Times (Areas Are Stocked With Supplies And Linens).
- 5. Meets With Clinical Staff On A Daily Basis At Start Of The Day To Schedule Patient Treatment Times And Follow-Up Throughout The Day To Ensure All Needs Are Being Met.
- 6. Regarding Wound Care Assistance, Sets Up Sterile Trays, Escorts Patient To The Treatment Room, Removes Old Bandage If Approved By Therapist, Assists Therapist With Holding Patient?S Leg While Therapist Applies Bandage, And Cleans Treatment Room Following Each Patient?S Visit.
- 7. Sets Up Patient On Certain Modalities, Such As Moist Heat, Traction, Etc. As Per Treating Clinician.
- 8. Creates New Patient Charts. Completes Lifeware Case Form For Each Patient And Enters Information In Lifeware.
- 9. Scans Patient?S Plan Of Care And Physician?S Signature Into Meditech. Exports Patient?S Plan Of Care From Redoc To Meditech, If Not Available In Meditech. Accesses Redoc To Obtain Patient?S Original Diagnosis And Enters Information Into Lifeware.
- 10. Assists With Administrative Duties Including Answering Phones, Covering Receptionist?S Desk, Filing, Faxing And Copying As Requested.
- 11. Coordinates Pickup Of Medical Waste And Sharps, As Well As Soiled Linen.
- 12. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 13. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Graduate Or Equivalent
Previous Experience In Patient Related Activities Is Helpful.