To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Under the general supervision of the manager of mechanical systems, perform duties associated with preventive maintenance repair and monitoring of plant engineering equipment and systems. May have the primary responsibility for the monitoring, repair, reporting, and preventive maintenance of the Pneumatic Tube System. Works with limited assistance and independently as needed to complete daily/off-shift assignments.
- 1. Customer Service
- 1.1 Wears proper uniform and I.D. card when answering service calls.
- 2. Preventive Maintenance
- 2.1 Makes proper rounds, signing all assigned clipboards and making rounds within the established time frames. Let your leadman know if any contractors have moved into any machine rooms. Any defective equipment found on rounds should be repaired or put in the log book and on the shop status board.
- 3. Repair Work
- 3.1 Repairs are completed professionally and in a timely manner.
- 4. Troubleshooting
- 4.1 Proper techniques and equipment are used to evaluate and analyze a problem efficiently.
- 5. Cost Savings Opportunities
- 5.1 Makes an assessment of time and cost to replace or repair on assigned work. Discuss with your lead man if there appears to be a more cost effective means to complete the assignment.
- 6. Weekend/Holiday/Off shift Responsibilities
- 6.1 Carry a radio and your beeper, responding to SRC and protective services as requested.
- 7. General Responsibilities
- 7.1 You are to be in uniform at the start of the shift and follow the departmental uniform policy.
Position requires high school graduation including or supplemented by technical courses in electricity, electronics, machinery or equivalent on the job training.
Minimum of three (3) years experience with sufficient experience in maintenance on a Pneumatic Tube System and/or Manufacturing Automated Assembly Line Machinery.
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Knowledge and demonstrated ability to perform maintenance on a Pneumatic Tube System and/or Manufacturing Automated Assembly Line Machinery. Computer skills are required. Knowledge of electricity and use of electrical testing instruments required. Electronic skills preferred.