To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Applies nursing principles in the prevention, recognition and treatment of work related illnesses/injury, while protecting and promoting the health and safety of hospital employees. Utilizes case management to actively promote a safe return to work and minimize lost time.
- 1. Utilizes interview and observation techniques to perform individualized nursing
- 1.1 assessments to document complete data relating to work injuries/illnesses
- 2. Appropriately triages and co-ordinates treatment of injured Westerly Hospital
- 3. Seeks assistance when care needs are beyond scope of own experience and
- 4. Communicates significant assessment data to Medical Director, Program Manager, and other staff members.
- 5. Performs testing and administers immunizations to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- 6. Assists in the investigation of employee accident reports and the communication of corrective action recommendations
- 7. Works with managers and Human Resources to develop and monitor modified duty positions for injured workers as needed.
- 7.1 8. Collaborates with Program Manager to establish and implement high quality
- 8. Participates in Wellness initiatives as needed.
- 9. Demonstrates ability to effectively use SYSTOC software, especially EMR functions.
- 10. Meets unit specific requirements: Workers Compensation Case Management; maintains current knowledge of OSHA, State and Federal statutes relating to the workplace; performs urine drug screen collections and Respirator Fit Testing.
- 11. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization and Staff and Self Development.
- 12. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Graduate of an approved School of Nursing, BSN preferred, COHN-S preferred
Minimum 7 years recent nursing experience. 5 years of ambulatory, urgent care, or emergency department nursing experience preferred; Occupational Health experience preferred; COHN certification preferred.
Current State of RI registered nursing liscense
Knowledge of patient assessment, triage, immunizations; aware of injury management and workers compensation process and function preferred; computer skills a must; ability to learn and adapt to computer programs used in Occ Health environment.