Per Diem, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, New London, CT
To provide professional mental health services to patients and their families or significant others at all levels of care and locations required to meet community needs. ED Crisis is program based in the hospital emergency room assesses patients with acute psychiatric illness, emotional and behavioral disturbances that require rapid stabilization and transfer or referral to appropriate levels of care within the hospital or other community provider.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
- 1. Participates in patient assessment prior to and upon completion of treatment.
- 2. Assesses and documents patient status/progress at appropriate intervals in compliance with policy.
- 3. Shares signification assessment and treatment information with other team members through appropriate, timely and clear communication.
- 4. Work collaboratively with primary care practice Physicians, Medical Assistants and Nurses in the various treatment and practice settings.
- 5. Provides appropriate patient psychotherapy to patients on the basis of an interdisciplinary plan.
- 6. Participates in the formulation and implementation of an individualized interdisciplinary treatment plan based on a thorough assessment of the patient?s problems and needs.
- 7. Conducts psycho-diagnostic and disposition intake/screening and crisis evaluations of patients.
- 8. Assists psychiatric medical staff in monitoring the use, effectiveness, and side-effects of psychiatric medications.
- 9. Demonstrates basic clinical and technical skills according to established standards of practice.
- 10. Documents all significant interventions in appropriate records including the electronic medical record.
- 11. Actively participates in patient and family/significant other(s) education.
- 12. Demonstrates an ability to establish and maintain meaningful therapeutic relationships with patients.
- 13. Effectively manages crisis/situations/routine treatment interactions with due respect for patient rights, legal/ethical obligations, and the therapeutic goals of any interventions used.
- 14. Conducts and documents regular reviews of treatment effectiveness/patient progress.
- 15. Conducts and/or reviews psychosocial assessments.
- 16. Provides clinical supervision for social work and other interns as needed.
- 17. Contacts mental health agencies and refers patients for case management, residential and community based step-down brief care services.
- 18. Contacts treatment providers involved in patient care and obtains collateral data as well as supplies information on patient care as needed.
- 19. Assists with crisis coverage of the emergency room when needed.
- 20. Assists with the Direct Admission Screening process.
- 21. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in the performance review.
- 22. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department/unit.
- 23. Other job duties as assigned
M.S.W., M.A., M.S., or M. Ed.
Two (2) years experience in behavioral health.
Licensed as an LCSW
Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments used to administer patient care Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment Knowledge of health promotion, health risk identification, and patient education principles and techniques Develop and use skills in the implementation and use of the electronic medical record (EMR) applications. Ability to analyze complex data and draw conclusions Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, clinical staff, and the public Population expected to work with include Pediatric 1-12, Adolescent 12-18, Adults 19- 64 and Geriatrics 65 + years of age.