To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Provides support functions to the department specific to the process of cleaning equipment, maintaining inventory and ordering of supplies. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Disassemble, clean, prepare equipment for sterilization.
- 1.1 Wash, rinse, dry and prepare for sterilization any dirty equipment returned to the department. All processedequipment must be completed during the shift as observed by the supervisor and feedback from staff.
- 2. Maintains inventory and minimum par levels of all disposable equipment items.
- 2.1 Inventories and places orders for all necessary disposable supplies needed for equipment. Reports any issues to Supervisor or Manager.
- 3. Responds to requests (routine or urgent) by dept. members with delivery of equipment to the patient care area in need.
- 3.1 Respond to urgent calls for delivery of equipment within fifteen minutes as indicated by feedback from staff and as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Notifies Biomed as appropriate for any equipment malfunctions/or damages.
- 4.1 Maintains very regular communications with Biomed reporting equipment in need of repair and return status as observed by supervisor and dept. manager.
- 5. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 5.1 Place IV solutions in appropriate storage area within Central Supply.
High school diploma or equivalent; PC literate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. They are occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.