To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a wide variety of tasks associated with the timely and accurate assembly of patient trays; the delivery and pickup of food trays to patient rooms and/or cafeteria style food service for patients. Prepares and delivers nourishments with accuracy and at prearranged times. Actual station or zone assignment will vary depending upon the schedule, time of day and/or volume of meal tickets processed through the Dining on Call (DOC) patient meal service program; and may be required to float between stations or zones within the same shift.
- 1. Hospital Activities: Exhibits a pleasant and cheerful demeanor when answering the telephone, and when communicating with other departments within the Hospital. Satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs. Attends annual and mandatory in-services, required meetings and continuing education. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- 2. Non-Patient Care Activities : Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment adhering to the clean as you go policy. Demonstrates knowledge of proper chemical usage and MSDS. Adheres to hospital and department dress codes, maintaining a clean and neat appearance at all times. Utilizes equipment in performing job functions as per department safety procedures.
- 3. Quality Improvement: Responsive to patient needs at all times, during meal selection, tray delivery, catering rounds and tray retrieval. Resolves patient concerns or complaints immediately and/or reports needed assistance to supervisor as appropriate. Responsible for quality of service, graded by internal and/or external surveys continuously, meeting survey score benchmarks for unit of responsibility. Represents the department to all areas of the Hospital in a positive manner, using established customer relation techniques.
- 4. Environment of Care/Infection Control Responsibilities Safety: follows facility and departmental safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting. Hazardous Materials and Waste: demonstrates knowledge of role in hazardous materials and waste program. Emergency Preparedness: demonstrates knowledge of role in Emergency Preparedness Program. Participates in disaster drills, as appropriate. Life Safety: demonstrates knowledge of Life Safety Program and participates in fire drills as appropriate. Utility Systems: demonstrates knowledge of the department's response to utility failures. Infection Control: follows Facility and departmental infection control policies and procedures. Security: wears identification badge at all times, and is aware of role in minimizing security incidents.
- 5. Patient Food Service: Delivers and serves food trays to patients or provides cafeteria food service for patients. Maintains service time-lines to ensure timely delivery of meals to patients. Greets patients and introduces themselves and states where they are from and why they are there. Verifies patient name by asking the patients name and checking name band on arm. Acts as a patient advocate by answering any questions regarding food service and other routine questions. Provides basic assistance in opening containers, etc, and notifies the nursing staff if the patient needs further assistance. Takes appropriate action according to established procedures when following up on missing or wrong food items. Treats all patients with respect while being professional and courteous at all times. informs supervisor of patient issues, errors, or operational issues that effect the overall patient care or satisfaction.
High School diploma or GED required **Employees employed by YNHH effective 9/12/2012 as a result of the acquisition of the Hospital of St Raphael may meet educational requirements with the applicable combination of education and experience and demonstration of current competences.
One year of food service experience required.
Strong communication skills required (verbal, reading and writing) in order to follow written and verbal instructions and interact with patients and staff. Good customer service skills. Proficient in basic mathematical skills for simple computations. Must be able to push and pull food delivery trucks.
Moderate physical activity, requires ability to stand and walk more than 4 hours per day, with the ability to lift, push and pull carts, pallets and food supplies (occasionally up to 50 pounds, frequently up to 30 pounds and/or continuously up to 10 pounds). Work environment involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises which require following basic safety precautions: and, working with cleaning chemicals requiring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE's) provided.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Minimum - $15.00/hr.
Maximum - $23.62/hr