To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Nursing Assistant assists in patient care throughout nursing areas, and is responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services. Provides the services of an Observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
- 1. Essential Functions
- 1.1 Demonstrates the skills and judgment necessary to provide direct care to patients under the direct supervision of licensed personnel and according to their standards of practice.
- 2. Essential Functions ( continued)
- 2.1 Adheres to The Westerly Hospital policies and procedures
- 3. Staff/Self Development
- 3.1 Acts as a resource and role model
- 4. Staff/Self Development (continued)
- 4.1 Actively participates in train and educational activities for other staff members
- 5. Customer Service
- 5.1 Demonstrate a high level of respect, dignity compassion and professionalism for all customers by utilizing the four tenets of Patient Family and Centered Partnership.
- 6. Employee Collaboration and Teamwork
- 6.1 Recognizes and values the contributions of fellow employees and displays cooperation and teamwork.
- 7. Resource Utilization
- 7.1 Reports to work on time, prepared to work and follow hospital policies for notice of lateness/absenteeism and time off requests.
High school graduate or equivalent
Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred. Previous behavioral health experience preferred
Current RI Nursing Assistant License
Basic Life Support
CPI training within 1 yr of employment
Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately
Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals
Knowledge of basic medical terminology a plus
Basic computer knowledge is a plus
Ability to move or lift patients and equipment