To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs in a security department providing security for all hospital functions
- 1. Performs duties as security officer
- 1.1 Wears issued uniform properly along with all issued equipment
- 2. Maintains a public presence of security
- 2.1 Interacts with Public in a positive manner responding to requests and providing general guidance to the public on security and access issues
- 3. Responds to all incidents of aggressive patients and visitors
- 3.1 Responds to altercations with patients, visitors and staff and properly uses Defensive Resources in accordance with hospital Use of Force Policy
- 4. Follows all hospital rules and regulations
- 4.1 Understands Hospital SOP for restraint application, commitment against will situations.
- 5. Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job-related hazards.
- 5.1 All required safety education programs have been attended.
- 6. Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens
- 6.1 Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures and correct use of protective barrier equipment.
- 7. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- 7.1 Interacts with all of the above in a considerate, helpful and courteous manner as observed by Manager and peers.
- 8. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department?s/unit?s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- 8.1 Conducts staff meetings.
High School Graduate or GED required
Previous law enforcement, military, or security experience preferred
CPI, MOAB, Defensive Resources (Baton, Handcuffing, and OC Foam), and Restraint Certification must be obtained within 6 months
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.