To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assists the department personnel in patient and departmental related functions; maintains and cleans equipment and treatment areas. Assists in rehabilitation care of patients as directed by a licensed therapist.
- 1. Monitors and carries out maintenance activities with patients commensurate with experience and within the scope of practice and standards and procedures of the hospital, keeping service excellence as a main priority.
- 2. Keeps appropriate timely documentation of services rendered in line with hospital and regulatory agencies policies, procedures and standards.
- 3. Assists in coordinating activities of therapy staff. Provides support in all clinical and clerical areas. Acts as a liaison between staff and coordinators in department.
- 4. Keeps abreast of new techniques. Actively attends conferences. Actively participates in program development.
- 5. Provides positive support education to patients, families, and other staff regarding physcal medicine interventions and procedures.
- 6. Assists in monitoring and documenting the quality of physical medicine services according to hospital and department continuous performance standards.
- 7. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The individual must demonstrate basic understanding of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to provide the care needed instructed by the lead clinician, and as described in the unit's/area's/department's policies and procedures.
- 8. Assembles equipment and accessories needed for therapy. Maintains, cleans & organizes department
treatment & storage areas. Maintains and monitors equipment inlcuding record keeping for same as
indicated. Monitors inventory, orders & maintains supplies.
High School Graduate or equivalent
Experience working with disabled population.
Read and write English proficiently. Knowledge of proper body mechanics. Computer and phone skills.
Busy atmosphere, exposure to noise, odors, and crowded space. Moderate stress attending to patient issues.
Ability to kneel, lift, and stoop. Assists patients and pushes equipment. Sits at desk in front of computer.