To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Data Coordinator is responsible for supporting Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) for all Medical Staff including preparing, running and formatting all reports and data related to OPPE as well as an ad hoc reports as requested by the Medical Staff Quality and Data Program Manager. Disseminates OPPE reports at the direction of the Program Manager and tracks their return and compliance with required regulatory timeframes. Updates and maintains tables and other information in Morrisey to ensure consistency and integrity of data particularly related to demographic and contact information.
- 1. Ongoing and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation
- 1.1 Extracts Departmental/Section based data on physicians from the Vizient database and prepares all reports for Medical Staff OPPE. Coordinates dissemination and timely return of collaborating/supervising physician OPPE evaluations for advanced practice practitioners. Completes all in a timely manner to ensure compliance with regulatory deadlines.
- 2. Medical Staff Quality Data Reporting
- 2.1 Develops and maintains working knowledge of aspects of the Vizient Physician Data base to support all OPPE, FPPE and medical staff quality reporting. Participates in any Vizient training and education sessions related to changes or updates to the information available to remain up dated as to the information available in this resource and an understanding of its meaning.
- 3. Responsible for conducting and documenting monthly monitoring and documentation consistent with regulatory and department requirements.
- 3.1 Conducts and documents monthly query of U.S. Office of Inspector General, EPLS and DSS for Medicare, Medicaid and other government sanctions. Produce monthly print out and compare against previous month to identify discrepancies.
- 4. Responsible for Morrisey Medical Staff Database Reporting
- 4.1 Develops and maintains an understanding of data fields in Morrisey. Generates basic reports as requested.
- 5. Other Duties
- 5.1 Performs other general administrative duties related to Departmental data management as requested by the Program Manager.
High school graduate, associates degree preferred.
A minimum of 3 years in an acute care hospital setting either in the quality improvement or medical staff services departments; sufficient experience to demonstrate evidence of knowledge of physician specialties and medical staff organization.
Proven ability to work with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail; documented experience in using Microsoft Excel to manipuate data and create reports. Clear and appropriate verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to critically review and analyze data to identify trends, issues, discrepancies, etc. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Must be able to recognize the importance of, and maintain confidentiality in, all aspects of work. High level of professionalism in interactions with all staff including physicians and clinical leaders. HIgh level of responsiveness and recognition of sense of urgency of requests.
Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time and also physically capable of walking around campus as necessary to assist in the disemmination and pick up of confidential physician reports.