To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Supervises the decontamination, processing, assembly, sterilization and distribution of all instruments, equipment and supplies for the O.R. and other departments as needed. Works closely with internal customers and other stakeholders to streamline workflow using process innovation techniques.
- 1. Supervises daily workflow; adjusts staffing levels/task assignments and assists as needed to meet work demands. Creates assignments to constitute proper workflow.
- 2. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures.
- 3. Collaborates with the Perioperative Nurse Manager and other departments; Recommends and leads quality and /or process innovation initiatives.
- 4. Collects and analyzes data, forms conclusions, and provides reports to the director as requested. Generates CS monthly statistics.
- 5. Oversees the development of staff orientation, provides ongoing feedback, and supports continuing education programs.
- 6. Coaches staff and completes disciplinary action when appropriate.
- 7. Evaluates staff performance, helps staff set goals, assists staff in meeting goals, and implements performance improvement plans.
- 8. Represents Central Services on Hospital Committees for process improvement and other initiatives.
- 9. Serves as technical resource for CS Technicians, CS Supervisors, and CS Clinical Coordinators.
- 10. Interpret hospital/department policies and Union contract to manage and approve employee activities.
- 11. Resolve employee disputes and work issues presented by staff.
- 12. Interview and select employees for hire with department Supervisor/Clinical Coordinator
- 13. Partners with the Perioperative Manager to address physician needs or complaints
- 14. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 15. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Work requires organizational, analytical and communication skills generally acquired through the completion of an Associate's degree in Nursing, Surgical Technology, Business Management, Health Care Management, or a related field. Additional years of experience above the minimum requirements stated below may substitute for educational requirements on a one to one basis (i.e. one year of experience equals one year of education).
Minimum five (5) years? experience in CS/OR required; supervisory experience required.
CS Technical Certification
Must have strong oral and written communication skills. Must have the ability to gather and analyze data. Must have intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Must have intermediate skills with an electronic instrument tracking system.