To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general direction of the Program and Outreach Manager, and in cooperation with all DMT members, performs a wide range of clerical, communications, and coordinative functions. Patient registration, identification, arm banding and insurance and demographic updates are primary functions. Collection and processing of patient co-payments as applicable. Communication with back office clinical staff is important. This position is in an open area and employee therefore needs to be able to manage walk in inquiries and way finding questions. Customer Service is a high priority of any employee on this team, as the first impression a patient and/or family member receives will last forever. Specific shift (day/eve) will vary as clinic schedules dictate. The largest concentration of duties will lie in the areas of scheduling, reception, and data entry.
- 1. Reception Duties: In a pleasant, courteous, and professional manner, utilizes all computer and manual systems for patient identification, demographic and insurance updates, patient scheduling, report processing, patient tracking, collecting co-pays, ordering supplies, and other appropriate applications. Exhibits confidence and maturity 100% of the time and, is able to defuse stressful encounters
- 2. Distribution Duties: Receives, distributes, files, and appropriately maintains all patient reports, films, faxes, and incoming mail on a daily basis and in a timely manner being certain to maintain strict patient confidentiality at all times
- 3. Communication Duties: In a pleasant, courteous, and professional manner answers telephones, and picks up and relays incoming messages to the appropriate staff in a timely manner. Also relays any patient and/or family member's questions and/or concerns to the appropriate staff in a timely manner. 1st Responder for employee sick calls.
- 4. General Clerical/Technical// Patient Support: Provides support both to staff and patients as needed in order to ensure that patients are seen by the medical staff within the scheduled time frame and with a maximum level of patient/customer satisfaction. Informs patients and family members of clinic delays and provides service recovery as warranted. Performs miscellaneous duties as required to assure patient care, customer relations, and center needs are met
- 5. YNHH Service Standards: Maintains and upholds Yale-New Haven Hospital's established standards and image as well as those of the Smilow Cancer Hospital. Regularly adheres to all ?I Am Yale-New Haven? policies
Graduation from high school, including and/or supplemented by business/computer work, or equivalent training and experience. Knowledge of medical terminology and extensive computer experience preferred.
Two (2) to three (3) years of intensive clerical/scheduling experience preferably in a clinical environment required. Prior computer usage required. Prior office/patient experience mandatory
Excellent telephone, communications, interpersonal, team, and organizational skills required. Ability to read computer screens, forms, and other documents. Ability to follow written and oral instructions. Ability to write clearly and legibly. Excellent key board skills. Knowledge of and ability to work with automated patient tracking and scheduling systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs. Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs (including clinical crises in the center and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with sound judgment and excellent customer service skills
Ability to lift 25 lbs.